Chapter V: Awakening

We could have stayed there forever frozen,staring, and speechless. I had no idea what just happened back there. A sudden silence. Skye still holding the pot of corn soup in her hands.

Luckily, Bernard barged in chattering something about rotten fish and school.

"Man, rotten fish in my stew, not a good joke for a Aqua Guardian!" he chuckled then clutched his mouth, "wow, thinking about it almost made me gag again."

He just kept chatting to himself until he saw us, just Skye standing there while I'm sitting on the bed with an intense gaze on the blank screen of the wall mounted TV.

"Are you guys okay?" Bernard whispered, twitching his gaze back and forth from me and Skye.

"Yeah, I guess." I was first to reply.

"You two look like garden gnomes just a sec ago."

Skye defrosted and hastily spoke, "We-uh... We're playing who can not blink first?"

"Y-yeah." I agreed.

"Well, whatever." Bernard slumped to the couch, "oh right, Anthony, looks like Nicholas got you a life-time scholarship at Third Cloud." he sighed then snatched up the remote and turned the TV on, and a lady screaming emerged at the screen.

"Ah! I hate horror movies." he said switching the TV off, "so yeah, you got free training on Third Cloud Academy." he repeated.

"Oh, really?" Skye's eyes widened, "that's where I train!"

"What's Third Cloud?" I asked.

"Well, actually Third Cloud is a cloud." Skye answered, "But uh, Third Cloud Academy is the school in third cloud."

"Is that even possible? A school on a cloud? when did clouds became solid?" I asked again.

"The Hospital you're in right now is on a cloud." Bernard Pointed out the window I could see that we are moving somewhat up and down, and the sun's rays are just unbearable at this place, like I just got nearer to it.

"Also, Is that really a school? you just said 'train' not too long ago, you're not saying 'study', you guys are making it sound like a bootcamp or something." I said while sheilding my eyes.

"You can say that." Skye replied as she put down the pot of corn. "well, we say 'train' cause that's what we mostly do there, but we also have classes, grades are based on your skills, we also have pegasus riding,Archery and Class Wars."

She said all of that like it was real, but still: Pegasus Riding? (That must be a joke), Archery? (Well, some schools have that), Class wars? (I don't know if you considered throwing chalk and erasers at other classmates, but I think Class wars here sounds deadly).

"Well, Kid, you'll have to prove everything what we said yourself, you gotta get ready for the next 30 minutes." Bernard chanted as he turned on the TV again as more Screaming came out, he quickly turned it off, clasping his chest like it'll fly off his body. "Oh man, I hate freaking horror movies!"

"Here's some clothes." Skye Handed me a couple of white T-shirts with the imprint: "Third Cloud Academy" and a black-outlined cloud. She handed them a little too shy - she was all energized not too long ago. "The shower's right in that white door on the left." she murmured.

I quickly got in for I was stinking like a wet sock, dumped on a bed of mud, plus an unbearable stench like fish. I stripped off my hospital clothes then flinched at the strong spray of hot water, I wonder how its already hot.

I scrubbed every visible part of me until I was satisfied then checked out my arms and chest that used to be filled with gashes, but now they look just fine. I quickly got on the white T-shirts and Jeans then busted out. I found Bernard and Herald disscussing about fried fish.