Chapter XXIV: Evacuation

"Tell me, how did you know he's dead?!" I snapped.

Cynthia blankly stared at me, "I did not. I was only joking."

She was what?

"Hey uh boss. She might be either stupid, or she really has a bad sense of humor." Felix said. A real wise thing for Felix to say.

"Wasn't it funny?" She asked.

I wanna yell at her "How can getting someone killed be funny?!" but Skye gave me a "Hold your mouth" look.

Skye slowly leaned on me then whispered in my ear, "Oh uh...sorry about that. I was discussing and giving her pointers on how to have friends, and one of those is making jokes, though, I never knew she would apply it this way."

"She looks childish." I whispered back.

I think Cynthia heard that, because she suddenly gave me a threathening glare with a blank face again.

Come to think of it, I never saw Cynthia have a facial expression. She seemed to be so empty and blank.

Cynthia suddenly had an urge to clean her throwing knife while glaring at me. She seems to take offenses seriously.

I raised my hands in surrender, "Okay okay, a strong powerful childish-"

Skye smacked me on the head, "Don't even finish that, unless you want to die right now and here."

I grinned then stared at Felix. Felix is my Edheros alright. He was grinning with me as he wagged his tail.

In speaking of Edheroses, I still haven't seen Cynthia's, but before I can finish that thought, a loud explosion then a roar like a tornado erupted from the clouds above us and black dots retreated away from the cloud. The wind was so powerful it made me almost fly to a tree even if the wind itself came from hundreds of length from the sky.

Then we saw Nicholas riding his pegasi with Beatrice in his arms.

"Hey, he's alive!" Keith yelled as he fixed his hair

Cynthia seems to unaffected by the destruction of her hair, well that maybe is because they just flew with the air. It looked so smooth I want to touch it. Then, when her hair flew upwards, I caught a gilmpse of something on her neck.

It was somekind of scar, it was a straight scar as long as my thumb.

Nicholas landed right next to us as Beatrice fluttered to Felix's back. Sophia joined her on Felix's back. Not my wolf again.

Nicholas seems fine. Where the arrow should be earlier is just a wrapped white cloth with stains of blood on it. He's also not getting down from his pegasi so I assume it hurts if he puts weight on it. I guess Pri-Guardians aren't immortal, or maybe they are, but they can be hurt. Well, I assume they're not immortal since Nicholas said the time shall pass when all the Pri-Guardians of this world will be replaced, because nothing lasts forever.

"Hey! Hey! Isn't this the greatest nest ever?" Beatrice yelled; she looks and sounds weird like she's drunk; she normally doesn't say random stuff like that, and why are they making my wolf's back a nest? I hope they don't lay eggs.

"Cut it out, you two!" Felix shook his body as Beatrice and Sophia flew back to their holders (if you remember, this word means the owner of the Edheros).

"Meanie." Beatrice muttered on Nicholas' shoulder.

"Umm...is she alright?" Keith said, "She looks...kind of weird."

Nicholas took up Beatrice then examined her as she somewhat laughed and said "That tickles!". She seems fine to me, except the fact that she's like in a trance.