15. A lost chance

*NAZLI*

I woke up when I heard a ruffling in the room. "Aw I didn't mean to wake you up Nazli" Fatosh came and sat down by the bed. "Do I smell breakfast?" I asked her with a yawn and she grinned at me, "You're amazing" I cuddled her against her lap. "Of course girl. I got your back all the time" She replied.

The memories of last night flashed in my head. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about Ferit. His words were so cruel and disgusting at the same time, I hated him with all my heart. But I was greatful to have a friend like Fatosh. I didn't want to go home last night, hence I ended up in front of her house, crying my heart out. 

"Oh my god, what's the time?" I jumped off the bed. "Relax Nazli its still too early... Your opening is in a few hours" She replied. "Oh..." I sighed in relief. Fatosh's eyes grew wide suddenly, "Uh... Nazli..." "What?" I shook my head. "You've got a... Um... Something on your neck" "Huh?" I squinted at her and checked myself in the mirror.

My jaw dropped, "A h-hickey?" "Oh dear" Fatosh mumbled under her breath. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god" I paced up and down the room. "How will I go outside now? What will I do?" "Ah Nazli... Stop panicking. Nothing happened" Fatosh replied. "Nothing?! That dirtbag he... Urgh!" I pressed my temples in frustration.

"You can just wear a scarf or something" Fatosh was trying her best to not chuckle. "But I have to give it up to Ferit... Mr.Iceberg he..." She chuckled. "What sort of a friend are you huh? You are supposed to support me! Fatosh this is insane! I... I'll..." "Alright my dear calm down. I'm sorry but it is kinda funny..." She chuckled again. I kept glaring at her, "Fine. I'm sorry... I understand you Nazli, but don't panic" She got up from the bed and held my shoulders.

"If I see him again I'll kill him" My tone was cold, "I'll help you bury him" Fatosh replied and I couldn't help laughing at this. "And my amazing Nazli is back! Now you go and take a shower. Forget about everything. I'll bring you an amazing dress that I designed, and a scarf too of course. You've got a restaurant to open! Hurry!" She patted my back.

"I won't marry him" I blurted out, "We'll talk about that later. Forget him. Think only about your restaurant! Sakura!" She pushed me into the room before disappearing downstairs. Fatosh was right, my restaurant was more important than anything. Today was the day to make my dreams come true.

*FERIT*

I nearly fell off the couch when Engin yelled in my ear. "What?" I rubbed my eyes and looked up at him. "What are you doing here? Did you sleep here last night?" He couldn't believe what he saw. I sat up straight and rubbed my neck, it was hurting really bad. "Yeah..." "And did you drink this whole thing?" He picked up the empty bottle of vodka from the ground.

"Demet and Hakan won the bid yesterday... But I didn't think it would affect you this much" He sighed. Only if he knew the real reason why I'm ruined, inside out. "Why aren't you ready yet? Nazli's opening her restaurant today" "I'm not going Engin" I replied. 

"What does that mean?" He frowned, "What do you think it means?" "Ah... You had a fight..." He sat down on the couch. "Did she do this to you? This entire... Change?" "There is no change" I replied. "Sure. You weren't this bad when Pelin did that" "I don't want to hear that woman's name" I retorted. "Fine... But... There's something different with Nazli. Can you name any woman who brought you down to this state?" I was silent.

"Ferit, buddy. I know you better than anyone. It isn't hard for me to see how madly in love you are with Nazli" I glanced at him and took a deep breath. "And I know that you know it too. Believe it already" His words were like daggers in my heart. 

"I made a huge mistake. Nothing can fix it" I replied and uncapped the other bottle. "What mistake?" He raised an eyebrow, "I treated her like I've treated every other woman in my life" "Finally you accept that Nazli isn't like any other woman. You've got her in your heart-" "She hates me Engin. More than anyone" I took a swig of my beer.