35. Problems continue

*FERIT*

"Three weeks?" I slammed the file on the table, "That's the best we can do Mr.Ferit..." My lawyer mumbled. "Did you talk with the officials again?" "Yes, thrice actually." He replied and I pressed the bridge of my nose frustrated.

"Okay... Thank you" He nodded and left my room. Bulut's hearing for permanent custody would only be after three weeks. My little monster would have to stay in that house longer than I expected.

"I heard that Hakan bribed the officials to extend the date. I'm sorry that we couldn't do anything Mr.Ferit," Mrs.Iqbal told me. "They are continuing their dirty games" I squeezed the ball in my hand.

"If it goes this way, then I won't ever be able to see my nephew again" I grumbled when Mrs.Iqbal left. My phone flashed with my mother's name and I answered her call with a sigh, "Yes mom?" "Did you talk to the lawyers regarding Bulut's custody?" She asked me.

"Yes... The hearing will only be after 3 weeks" I replied, "You must be happy now, right? Bulut won't get to be with me and Nazli" "I never had a problem with Bulut staying at your place... It's just your wife... She can't take care of him" Mom replied.

"She's always busy with the restaurant. She'll never spent time with him and she can't ever replace Zeynep" "And you think Demet and Hakan can do just that?" I retorted.

"If you were together with Demet, you could've had a child by now" "Enough! I've got better things to do than hear your rubbish. Is this why you called me?" I gritted my teeth.

She fell silent at my uproar. Why did she have to provoke me by bringing up old wounds?

"Why did you call me?" I repeated in a more calmer manner. "Bulut's birthday is the day after tomorrow. I want him to be with me that day. We can all celebrate at the farm" She replied.

"I'll talk to Demet about it. I'm a bit busy now, see you later mom" "Wait but-" I hung up before she could say anything more.

Even after all these years, my hatred for her hadn't dropped by an inch. It only seemed to be increasing, especially since she treated Nazli that way.

I wanted Nazli now, she was my calming potion.

Ferit- When should I come pick you up?

I texted her and the reply came in a few minutes.

Nazli- You're talking like you met me yesterday...

Ah, her smart replies always made me smile. I called her, I had to hear her voice.

"Hey-" "Ferit I'm busy!" She nearly howled. "Am I that disturbing?" "You are disturbing in many ways" She gave a light chuckle, "Literally and the other way" She mumbled.

"Can you explain that, honey?" I licked my lips making her giggle shyly. "You don't need an explanation" "Heh, you're right. After last night, I really don't need an explanation" I smirked, "Did you call to say this?" She tried to hide her embarrassment.

I chuckled, "Are you blushing honey?" "Why did you call me... For god's sake..." She always got defensive on being embarrassed. "The next hearing is only after three weeks. Hakan bribed the officials..." "Seriously? They really got that low?" Nazli cried out.

"It's Hakan we're talking about, he'll do anything to get what he wants" "But can't we see Bulut till then?" She asked back. "Well, his birthday is coming up in two days-" I told her, "That's great! We can bring him home, right?" "Mom wants to celebrate it at the farm" I sighed.

"Oh... Okay..." She mumbled, "Hakan won't let Bulut be with us anyway... But he seems to like Mrs.Leman... It's better to celebrate it there..." It wasn't hard to sense the disappointment in her tone.