16. Full moon nights

*FERIT*

"Alright Mrs.Ikbal, you can fix it on the day after the wedding" "What? Won't you go on your honeymoon?" Demir turned to me and the others chuckled. I glared at him, "Don't change the dates thank you" I turned to her again. She left the room with a nod, "The Nakatanis come to Istanbul all the time... Your honeymoon is a once in a lifetime opportunity" This time Zeynep interfered.

"She's right" Demir chuckled, "Stop it already" I sighed and took a sip of my coffee. Engin gave me that smug and sorry look, I shook my head. "Wait wait wait... Something's wrong" Zeynep glanced at the both of us. "What's up between you and Nazli?" Zeynep nudged me, "Nothing" "Ah... So you fought?" Demir turned to me.

"I am leaving" "Ferit sit down please" Zeynep insisted and I turned to face them with a sigh. "What happened between you and Nazli?" "I'm going to solve what happened between me and Nazli'" I retorted. "You're going to the restaurant?" "Yes" I replied, "But why did you fight?" "Let me handle this" Zeynep turned to Demir who raised his hands in surrender. "Can we have coffee before you go to the restaurant?" She put on her cute face like when we were younger. Bulut definitely got that from her. 

"Ferit? What's going on?" All heads turned to face Mr.Nihat who walked into the boardroom, "Why does Nazli want to cancel the wedding?" Great, she told him.

"Nazli wants to cancel the wedding?" Demir and Zeynep gasped, even Engin couldn't believe his ears. In the midst of everything, I was the culprit. I hoped that she would soften towards me last night but things became worse. "What happened?" Mr.Nihat was worried and nervous at the same time, "I'll go and talk to Nazli" I told them.

"First answer me. Did you fight? Or something else happened?" He frowned at me and I sighed, "We had a small argument few days back... Nazli won't cancel the wedding after I talk to her" I put on my bravest smile and walked out of the room, more like escaping the upcoming interrogation. 

I can't let Nazli cancel the wedding. Things can't get this bad. Of course I cared about my reputation if this turned out to be the headlines tomorrow, but more than that I cared about Nazli. I didn't want her to suffer because of me. We need to marry.

*NAZLI

My mind was clouded after the phone call. I didn't have a proper explanation to give but I didn't want to marry Ferit. Dad sounded worried when I told him this, and I was sure that he must be interrogating Ferit now. A huge chunk of me felt guilty for putting him in this hard situation. But its my life, I can't let a random man ruin it.

But Ferit isn't any random man...

My gaze wandered to my engagement ring... The night when Ferit and I shared our first kiss was amazing, despite him turning into Mr.Iceberg the next instant...

There were many mysteries about Ferit that I was curious about. His past was a clouded mess and he shielded it from everyone. His history was what affected his present, turning him into the monster that I saw that night when he tried to seduce me.

"Nazli?" Deniz appeared from the darkness, startling me. "Deniz? What are you doing here?" I got up from the stairs of the restaurant. "Did you cancel the wedding with Ferit?" He asked me back. Holy crap, he heard everything. "How long have you been there?" "Answer me Nazli" His tone was cold. "Maybe" I mumbled and a warm grin appeared on his face. 

"I knew you never loved him. You love me don't you? That's why you put off the wedding, right?" "What the heck are you talking about?" He was scaring me now, grinning like a madman. "Nazli we can't be friends. I love you... Even you love me. Lets run away somewhere" He spread his arms in excitement, does he expect me to jump into his embrace just after I cancelled my wedding?