39. The Party

*NAZLI*

"Fatosh, I'm going home." I told her as I got in the cab. "Is everything ready for the evening?" "Yep, let's hope the birthday boy likes his surprise" I grinned making her chuckle.

After I got in Tarik's car, I called Ferit. "Honey, I'll probably be late because this meeting is dragging out... I'll be late when I get home" He answered. "Oh... Hmm... It's okay... Just try to get home as soon as possible-" "Yeah, bye... I need to hang up now" I sighed.

Preparing for Ferit's birthday party had been an Herculian task, especially in finding the perfect gift for the man who has everything. The party was in a few hours and I had invited his close friends from seven years back. I just hoped that he would show up on time.

*FERIT*

Engin pushed open my office door, "What are you doing here?" "I'm still working" I sighed. "You should be home by now" "I told Nazli that I'll be late tonight" I replied. "That won't work, you have to go now... There is an uh... Emergency" He rubbed the back of his neck.

I turned to him and squinted, "What emergency?" "Nazli called me... It's really urgent... You need to go now" "Why didn't she call me, then? Why did she call you? She could've called me" I grumbled.

"For god's sake get out of this company" He groaned, "Engin" I turned to him sternly. "I need to get this done before tomorrow morning. We have to present this to the Italians, you know how serious it is" I replied.

"Yeah but..." He shut my laptop, "You can finish this in five minutes tomorrow morning. Go home now" He smiled at me. "Fine" I sighed and got up.

Engin's behaviour was suspicious but I wondered what the emergency was. When I got home, I found Nazli in a beautiful black dress, "You're here!" She hugged me tightly and I reciprocated.

"Were you waiting for me to get you out of this sexy dress, honey?" I kissed the tip of her nose. "We're going to dinner, silly" She chuckled sheepishly. "Was that the emergency?" "Huh?" She blinked at me.

"Engin told me that you called him because you had an emergency. Why didn't you call me?" I frowned at her. "Oh... That... Uh... I did call you, but you didn't answer" She shrugged. "I was in a meeting. But what was the emergency?" I asked back.

"Dinner, of course!" She grinned innocently. "Seriously?" "It's not a normal dinner..." She was searching for words. "Do I get to eat the dessert first?" I locked her in my arms and placed ticklish kisses on her neck, making her gasp.

"God, no" She pushed my chest away. "Why not?" I pouted. "This dinner is very special and it starts in... Thirty minutes! We have to go now." She pushed me out of the room and I was clueless about her intentions.

***

The full moon in the sky glowed over the city of Istanbul. Nazli led the way towards a small building and I doubted what she was up to.

"Is this the place?" I turned to her grimacing, "Yeah" She grinned back, "Seriously Nazli, there are many other better places in Istanbul. Let me take you there" I replied but she pulled away from my grasp hurriedly, "You can't do that!" "Why not?" I sighed. "Because... Uh..." What was she hiding from me?

"Because they make a special kind of sauce... I mean steak..." "Really?" I smiled at her and she nodded. I wrapped my arms around her waist, "Can you stop bluffing and tell me what's going on?" "Is it... that obvious?" She groaned. "Too obvious, come on tell me" I replied.

"Fine, you caught me..." She sighed, "Welcome to your birthday party, Ferit Aslan!" She beamed at me. My lips parted in amusement, I forgot my own birthday.