24. And in health

*NAZLI*

I was busy making breakfast when Mrs.Iqbal walked into the lawn, "Good morning Nazli... Sorry that I came on short notice" "That's alright" I replied. "Isn't Mr.Ferit up yet?" "No, he's a bit sick" I replied with a sigh. 

Her eyes widened in shock, "Mr.Ferit? Really?" She couldn't believe it. "Yes, he had high fever last night... So, he's still sleeping" "But he has to sign a few papers urgently, that's why I brought them here" She replied. "I can give it to him when he wakes up. You don't have to wait" I tried smiling but deep down I was panicking.

Mrs.Iqbal thought that Ferit knew I cooked for him instead of Burcu, but if he wakes up now he'll figure out that I've been cooking for him.
I can't let that happen.

"But Nazli... I need to send these papers in a few hours. They are from yesterday's tender... Since our company won it, we need to sign these confirmation papers" "Our company won?" I asked back. "Yes, didn't Mr.Ferit tell you?" "He must've missed to mention last night..." I replied.

"We won the tender against Mr.Hakan and Mrs.Demet" She smiled, "That's great. Congrats" I replied. "Yes... Do you mind if I wait in the living room?" "Oh... Okay... If you want to..." I mumbled and she walked towards the living room with a nod. I need to come up with something fast.

*FERIT* 

I tossed and turned in the bed before waking up with a bad cough. I felt worse than last night, especially because of a killer headache. I should've been at my company an hour before. Even my phone was nowhere to be found.

I dragged myself out of bed and went downstairs in search of my phone, to find Nazli and Mrs.Iqbal in the living room. "Mr.Ferit Good morning... Nazli told me that you're sick. Get well soon" Mrs.Iqbal got up, "Thank you" I replied, "I came here to give you these papers. They are from yesterday's tender" She handed me a file.

I signed them right away, "Please make sure that these get there on time" I told Mrs.Iqbal and she nodded. "I'll get going then" She replied, "There's one more thing Mrs.Ikbal" "Yes?" She turned back to face me, "You can tell Mrs.Burcu that she doesn't have to come today since I'll be working from home" Nazli's face paled when I said that.

"Mrs.Burcu?" Mrs.Iqbal glanced at Nazli and back at me, "Mrs.Burcu never cooked for you though..." "Huh?" I squinted. "I need a glass of water" Nazli escaped to the kitchen, something was definitely fishy. 

"What do you mean she never cooked for me?" "Ah... I thought Mrs.Nazli told you..." She mumbled to herself. "Told me what?" "That she would be cooking for you instead of Mrs.Burcu...?" She replied. I blinked at her a few times and glanced back at the kitchen where Nazli was pacing up and down nervously.

"Seriously?" I couldn't believe what I heard and even Mrs.Iqbal looked confused. "I think that I should leave now" She mumbled sensing the tension between me and my wife. "Thank you again" I replied with a smile and she nodded before leaving.  

I walked over to the kitchen, "I know what you're thinking perfectly" She crossed her arms over her chest as I sat down at the table. "Really?" I smiled at her, "Yes. You're going to say stuff like 'ah Nazli broke her promise', 'Nazli is jealous of Burcu', Nazli this, Nazli that" She retorted. "I won't cook for you anymore, happy?" She frowned.

Did she realize how adorable she was right now?

"Actually" I grinned, "I was thinking about what an amazing chef my wife is" Her lips parted in shock, a red tan crept into her cheeks. "And I want her to keep cooking for me" I replied. She placed her hand on my forehead again, "You are really sick, aren't you?" She mumbled and I couldn't help laughing.