17. Softening

*FERIT*

I woke up nuzzling against the warm body next to me. My eyes fell on Nazli sleeping like a baby against my chest, I couldn't help smiling at this. Nazli was the first girl who slept with me without having sex, my grin grew wider and I bit my bottom lip. My hand involuntarily caressing her hair softly so as to not wake her up. She slowly fluttered her eyes open and looked up at me with the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. "Good morning" I whispered, returning her smile. 

Suddenly her expression changed to one of horror. Nazli jumped off the bench, her craziness wasn't new to me anymore. "Did we sleep here last night?" "Yes, apparently" I replied in the calmest way possible. "My phone...?" She walked back to my car, fishing out her phone from her purse. "Switched off" She groaned, "Can you get my phone too?" I told her as I stretched myself, "Here" She handed it to me. I glanced up at her, did she just do what I said? wow.

"Zeynep, Your father, Demir, Mrs.Iqbal and Engin... Quite a lot of missed calls" I told her, "Dad called you... Oh my god..." She walked around in circles. "Why are you panicking?" "What will I tell my father? Do you have any bright ideas?! I'll go crazy" She mumbled to herself, "I need to open the restaurant as well, give me your phone" She snatched it from me before I could say anything.

"Hey Mehmet, it's me Nazli... Can you open the restaurant in my place?... I'll be bit late today... Thanks, bye" She hung up with a smile. "Who is Mehmet?" "You hired him" She narrowed her eyes on me, "Hmm" I took my phone back from her. "I need to get back to the restaurant and charge my phone" She told me, "Wait a sec" I dialed Engin's number.

"Ah, Ferit. Where are you? Mr.Nihat and Zeynep are looking everywhere for you. Even Nazli is missing" "Nazli is with me" I told him, "Wait what? So the wedding isn't cancelled?" "Not yet" I replied and he chuckled. "You need to come to the company by the way" "Some crisis again?" I frowned, "Last night we got the details of a new tender... Your signature is the only thing that's needed" "Hmm... Okay. We're coming, bye" I hung up.

"Where are we going?" Nazli crossed her arms, "To the company" "But I need to go to the restaurant" She insisted, "Tarik will leave you at the restaurant from there" I told her and we got in the car.

***

"Wait, will dad be here?" Nazli stopped in her tracks just as we reached the company doors. "I don't know... He usually comes around during afternoons so I don't think so. You should call him" I told her, "I will talk to him when I get home" She sighed. 

"Alright, now hold my hand" "Why?" She frowned, "Because we are a happy couple who's marriage is in a week" I smiled at her provocatively. She clutched my hand and sneered.

Just as we entered the company, Mrs.Iqbal hurried towards us. "Mr.Ferit, you need to sign a few papers for the new tender" "Yeah, Engin told me on the phone. Thanks Mrs.Iqbal" I smiled at her. "Ferit!" Zeynep was the next person who came running towards us. 

A smug smile appeared on her face seeing my hand intertwined in Nazli's, "Please tell me that you're still going to be my sister in law" She turned to Nazli and crossed her fingers. Nazli couldn't help chuckling, "Yay!" Zeynep hugged her tightly. I could already imagine these two plotting against me in the future but I ended up smiling. 

"Nazli?" Mr.Nihat walked through the door causing Nazli to turn pale. "Dad..." "Where were you last night? Why didn't you answer my calls? I went to the restaurant early to look for you but you weren't there either... You called me last evening saying you wanted to cancel the wedding then nothing!" "Dad I'm fine..." She mumbled, "...And the wedding isn't off" A light red tan crept into her cheeks as she said that.

Mr.Nihat glanced at me and back at Nazli. I could nearly make out all the random thoughts that were running through his head, "Where were you last night?" He repeated his question. "I'll tell you a little later" Nazli tried smiling and Zeynep chuckled. I glared at her, she seriously wanted to make her father kill me. 

"The good thing is that you both are safe" Zeynep sighed in relief, "Yeah see?" Nazli turned to her father but he wasn't quite convinced. "I have to go to Sakura" "Let me call Tarik" I turned to her and she nodded, "I'll take you. We will talk in the car" Mr.Nihat smiled at us. 

A Mona Lisa smile...

*NAZLI*

"Ferit Aslan! How wonderful that you were waiting for me at the entrance!" Everyone turned to face the bearded man and the woman who entered through the door. "What is he doing here?" I heard Ferit grumble under his breath, his eyes reflected pure hate and anger.

"Ah Mr.Nihat is here too" He grinned at my father and held out his hand but dad kept staring at Hakan with an expression similar to Ferit's. "You don't want a handshake? Okay!" He stuffed his hands back in his pocket, "What are you doing here?" Zeynep crossed her arms and frowned at the couple. "Well I expected that question from Demir but you're here to replace him. Haven't seen him in a long time by the way, I miss Mr.Kaya you know" The man put on a fake frown.

I felt like I was caught between the border of two countries till the man's eyes fell on me, a grin played on his lips and I felt uncomfortable. "Hakan" Ferit's voice came out cold as he slipped his arm around my waist, as if he was shielding me from the man.

"Are you the future Mrs.Aslan?" He chuckled, "What is it to you?" Ferit growled back I glanced at him wondering what was wrong but his eyes didn't meet mine. "Oh come on Ferit, introduce us to your fiancee" This time it was the woman who spoke. "I'm Demet by the way. This is my husband Hakan" "Nice to meet you" They both grinned at me. "Me too" I replied earning glares from everyone around me. What the hell was I supposed to do instead?

"Finally someone polite in the family" Hakan remarked and I saw Ferit clench his fist. Demet was the name that Mrs.Leman had said that night during dinner, was this the same Demet? I glanced at Ferit who was busy glaring at Hakan. Why did they hate each other so much? I had no idea. Another thing I noticed was Demet's baby bump, I wanted to congratulate the couple but I thought against it, noticing the tension that was building up. 

"Anyway, we came to inform you about the new tender. I mean, of course you know about it but don't waste your money participating" The man smiled, "You don't want to lose like last time" His words were focused on Ferit, who was trying his best to hold back a punch. His grip on my waist tightened, more like he was asking for help. I caressed his hand and he glanced at me with an amused expression, his grip softening. 

"Using illegal money to win the tender isn't quite clever Hakan" This time it was my dad who spoke, "I'm hurt now Mr.Nihat... How can you say illegal money? I'm the most honest man in this room" He chuckled. "You won't always get away with it" Ferit growled, "You're scaring me" Hakan laughed and walked back towards the door with Demet. 

"It was a pleasure meeting you Nazli, we should have coffee sometimes" Hakan turned to grin at me. When they left everybody had turned red in their faces out of frustration, "Who were they?" I turned to Ferit. "I'll tell you later, you need to be at your restaurant" He replied, "Yes come on Nazli" Dad walked towards the door. I glanced at Ferit a last time to find the same emotions flash before his eyes- Pain, hate and anger. 

He was definitely a complicated mystery, and I would be his Sherlock.

A/N- So lemme get something straight. Mrs.Ikbal or Iqbal (whatever be the spelling) is the same person. I'm just too lazy to correct it and stuff, neither do I care.

Another thing is that, hella thanks to everyone for making this book hot 1.5k reads and crossin 250 votes. Means a lot.

Keep reading, voting and commenting (Man, I love to read them).
Happy pride month y'all.