12-kisses

"Lex!" I heard Michael scream out from across the park.

"Yeah?"

"I forgot something last night." He said running up to me with a smirk.

"What was it?" I don't know why but my stomach is clenching all of a sudden.

With out answering my questions, Michael leaned in closer to my face, putting one hand on the small of my back to bring me closer and one hand on my cheek.

My heart is pounding really hard right now.

Suddenly our faces were centimeters away from each other's.

What's happening! I mean, I know what's happening. I just didn't think it would come so abruptly!

I thought that we would have our first kiss like in the rain after a romantic date. Not randomly in the middle of the park.

My thoughts got interrupted by Michael's soft, warm lips landing on mine.

He kissed me slowly and gently and I kissed him back.

I'll never admit this but at seventeen years old, I finally just had my first kiss.

After about fifteen seconds, Michael pulled away, both of out breaths were slightly labored.

"Where did that come from?" I asked him

"I've been wanting to do that for a while. I saw you here and I couldn't wait anymore."

That made the butterflies in my belly go crazy.

"Later lex." And just like that, he left.

"What just happened?" I whispered to my self.

He can't just waltz up here, kiss me, and then just go away! It doesn't work like that! Does it?

Ugh. I have no clue how it works. He knows I wouldn't push him away either. That's what makes me mad.

Was I a good kisser? I have no idea since I've never kissed anyone else before.

I can't even verify if he was a good or bad kisser because I had no one to compare him with!

I think I'd better go home and lay down.

On my way home I saw Nelson sitting on his roof doing homework.

I need to talk to someone. But Nelson did want to stay out my girl drama. Oh well, I'm gunna talk to him anyways.

I started to climb on to his roof the usual way. The drain pipe (which was surprisingly sturdy).

"Sup Nelson."

He didn't respond, just waved his hand in the air to signify he knew I was there. He was pretty invested in his homework.

"Don't you think college is a little stressful for someone your age?" I asked him.

"It's not my fault I'm smarter than the average human."

I scoffed at that.

"As if. So anyway I'm gunna need you to put that down and help me with something."

"Okay shoot" he said putting down his pencil.

"What do I do?"

"Ummm, about what?" He asked me in a sing-songy voice.

"You know, ugh, are you gunna make me say it."

"Well I haven't invented a machine that lets me read people's minds yet, so I'm gunna go with yes."