16- friendships

As weeks went on I haven't talk to Michael or Nelson. I don't think either of them really want I talk to me right now.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to talk to them either. I think that I need some girl talk though. I should probably go find Kim. She knows what to do in these times of need.

******************************

"Hey kim."

"Oh. It's you."

"Yeah, I need you help."

"Ugh. you know what? Go figure it out by yourself Lexie."

"Wait, what?"

"You heard me. ever since Michael came into your life that's all you ever want to talk about."

"It isn't about-"

"Shut up. I'm not finished."

"Okay" I say quietly

"All you ever ask from me is to help you get ready for a date, or if you think Michael has lost interest, or if he is looking at someone else, or whatever it is."

"I didn't mean-"

"I'm not finished yet!" She shouted at me.

"Okay, sorry"

"I've been a GREAT friend to you. I'm always there for you. ALWAYS. it pisses me off that you only see me as a counselor. I deserve a better friend than that."

"Well-"

"AND you still haven't enticed that I've been trying to get in touch with you for almost a MONTH now."

"Has it really been a month?"

"YES LEXIE! You were even there with me in my birth day last week." I saw tears welling up in her eyes.

"Oh my god, kim." I said with sorrow.

"You know how my birth day makes me feel and what happened but you still didn't come"

"Kim, I'm so sorry. I swear, I didn't mean to."

"I know lex. you should've remembered though."

"I know" we were both crying now.

With that she closed the door sobbing, as well as me and I just stood there for a second taking in what had happened.

Finally, I walked away barely being able to see where I was going because of the tears that had filled my eyes.

I should've been there for her. Ever since the incident that happened on her birthday.

Three years ago, her brother was driving into town from college to see her.

he pulled into the Neighborhood and he was already in sight. They were smiling and waving at each other when it happened. A bunch of drunk teens came up with guns. They probably just got done hunting.

They brought up the guns to their shoulders just trying to look cool or something. They joked about shooting, but one of them accidentally did.

You could she the horror in their eyes, let alone Kim's. She had to watch her own brother get killed in front of her eyes on her birthday.

Ever year since, I have been there with her to help her thought it. Until this year.

Things like that are very traumatic. The images still flash through her mind? And I knew that. I knew that but I still wasn't there.

She was right. I don't deserve to be her friend.