01

Monday, November 10th

"Honey Are You Up And Ready For Your Flight ?" My Mother, Kelly Johnson, Asked Me.

"I Most Certainly Am Mother Will Father Be Back To See Me Off At The Airport?" I Asked Her As I Put The Last Of My Hygiene Stuff Into One Of My Travel Bags.

"Oh Dear There's No Telling With Your Father You Know How He Gets When It Comes To The Church Retreat Every Year" She Said Helping Me Put My Luggage By The Front Door.

"Yes Ma'am You're Absolutely Right. I Hope You Guys Enjoy Your Trip I Hope I Enjoy Mine With My Extended Family As Well" I Told Her.

"I'm Sure You Will But You Know The Rules You Must Join Virtual Bible Study On All The Expected Days No Exceptions And I Know What Kind Of Girl Your Cousin  Is But That Doesn't Give You The Right To Engage In Any Of Her Sinful Doings" She Told Me Pointing Her Finger At Me.

"Yes Ma'am I Understand" I Told Her.

Let Me Introduce Myself My Name Is Lovelyn Janae Johnson I'm The Preacher's Daughter I'm Sure You've Already Assumed And My Mother Is The First Lady. They Don't Allow Me To Do A Lot Of Things Even Tho I'm Nineteen Soon To Be Twenty. Why Am I Nineteen Still Living With My Parents ? Because They've Always Took Care Of Me Financially So I Don't Know How To Take Care Of Myself. I Have Plenty Of Money That I've Saved Up From My Weekly Allowance But Still. Anyways, These Next Two Weeks The Elders Of The Church Are Going To The Annual Church Retreat. I'm Going To My Aunt's House In Chicago, Illinois For The Next Two Weeks My Plane From Houston, Texas Leaves At Nine O'clock This Morning.

"Do You Have Everything You Need ?" She Asked Me Again For The One Hundredth Time.

"Yes Mother I've Told You That" I Told Her As I Went Into The Kitchen To Get A Bottle Of Water.

"Do I Hear Attitude? Are You Sas Talking Me Lovelyn Janae Johnson ?" She Came Into The Kitchen Crossing Her Arms Staring Me Down With Her Eyebrow Arched.

"No Ma'am I Apologize If It Seemed That I Did, Forgive Me Please" I Immediately Said.

"You're Forgiven" She Looked Down At Her Watch "Oh My It's Eight O'clock Let's Go Ahead And Put Your Stuff In The Car So We Can Head To The Airpot"

Quietly Following Behind Her I Grabbed My Suitcase And Duffle To Take Out To The Car And My Mother Grabbed My Hygiene Bag. She Hit The Trunk Button On They Keypad For Her Mercedes Benz So I Placed My Luggage Inside Before Taking My Spot In The Front Passenger Seat.

Once She Placed The Last Bag In She Got Settled Into The Driver's Seat Putting On Her Seatbelt. She Turned On The Pandora Gospel Station Causing Marvin Sapp- Never Would've Made It To Come Lowly Through The Speakers As She Pulled Off.

We Pulled Up To The West Huston Airport And I Got All Of My Luggage Out The Trunk.

"Let Us Pray" My Mother Said As She Grabbed Both Of My Hands. "Dear Lord We Come To You Today Asking For You To Cover Lovelyn As She Boards This Plane To Chicago Father I Know She's Good At All Times In Your Care Watch Over Her And Guide Her To Make All Good Decisions While She's There Heavenly Father. Amen"

"Amen. I Love You Mother And I'll Call You As Soon As I Land" I Told Her As I Hugged Her.

"I Love You Too Lovelyn Your Aunt Will Be Waiting On You At The Airport Once You Arrive" She Hugged Me Back Kissing My Cheek.

"The Flight From Houston To Chicago, Illinois Will Be Boarding In The Next Ten Minutes" Came Over The Intercom Causing Us To Say Out Farewells And Part Ways.