10

Sunday, February 10th

I Was In My Room Trying To Buckle My Skinny Jeans But I Was Having A Very Hard Time. I Know People Said Sex Make You Spread But GEESH.

"Lovelyn Hurry Up We Have To Get To The Church" My Mother Yelled Upstairs To Me.

"Yes Ma'am Here I Come"

A Knock On My Door Startled Me Making Me Jump.

"Come In"

"Lovelyn Baby You Know How Your Parents Are About Church I Don't Want You In-" Yolanda Came In But Stopped Once She Seen Me Struggling And Came To Help.

"Maybe You Could Fit These Pants If That Baby Wasn't Making You Spread" She Said Making My Eyes Almost Fall Out Of My Head.

I Opened My Mouth To Speak But She Cut Me Off.

"I Know You Better Than You Know Yourself. We'll Talk Once We Get Back From Church But For Now Just Put This Dress On" She Handed Me A Dress That Went Way Pass My Knees Of Course And A Cardigan.

I Quietly Put My Clothes On In Shame And Grabbed My Purse Before Following Her Out My Room.

"Happy Sunday Thank The Lord For Another Day" My Mother Said As Yolanda Got Into The Passenger Seat And I Got In The Back.

"Amen" We Said In Sync As She Pulled Out The Driveway Heading Towards The Church.

We Arrived At The Church Early Like We Did Every Sunday To Set Up For Service.

Once She Parked We All Got Out Going Inside Through The Backdoor.

"Happy Sunday Daddy" I Said Walking In To His Office.

"Good Morning And Happy Sunday Dear" He Held His Arms Out For A Hug Which I Gladly Accepted.

"Service Starts In A Hour Why Don't You Go Ahead And Help Get The Pews Ready For Service"

"Yes Sir"

I Walked To The Front And Began To Help Place The Fans Out While Yolanda Did The Bibles. Once We Were Done With That My Mother Brought Out The Song Books Placing A Few On Each Pew.

"It's Now Eight O'clock Go Ahead And Open The Doors Of The Church Lovelyn For Nine O'clock Service" My Father Said Coming And Taking His Seat Behind The Podium At The Altar.

The Ushers Greeted Me Standing On Each Side Of The Door While I Opened It.

As Soon As I Opened It People Began To Pile In And Fill Up The Pews. It Amazes Me How Big Our Church Community Is.

I Took A Seat On The Front Row Next To Yolanda As We Waited For Everyone To Come In.

The Choir Began To Sing While I Hummed Along To The Words And People Were Already Clapping Ready For Service.

A Few Minutes Later Brittanie Came Up Taking A Seat Next To Me Making Me Smile As We Hugged.

"Good Morning And Happy Sunday" She Said To My Mother And Yolanda Which They Returned.

"Good Morning Church" My Father Said As He Stood Up And The Ushers Closed The Door Exactly At 9 O'clock.

"I Said Good Morning Church" He Repeated Louder This Time Making The Church Fill With Amens And Good Mornings.

A Hour In To Service I Could Barely Keep My Eyes Open. Yolanda Noticed And Reached Into Her Purse Giving Me Some Butterscotch Candy.

As Soon As The Candy Hit My Tongue My Mouth Filled With Saliva And I Involuntarily Gagged At The Taste. I Made Sure Nobody Was Looking Before I Immediately Spit It Out Into A Napkin I Was Holding In My Hand.