12

Tuesday, February 19th

"You're Telling Them Today Lovelyn And I Mean It I Gave You A Week" Yolanda Said Sternly As She Pointed Her Finger At Me.

Feeling My Eyes Water I Turned Away And Poked My Lip Out. This Child Is Really Getting To Me.

"You're One Week Into Your Fourth Month And Starting To Show How Long Do You Think It'll Be Until They Notice ?"

"Yes Ma'am You're Right I'll Tell Them Tonight At Dinner"

I Wiped My Eyes With The Back Of My Sleeves As The Tears Escaped.

"Just Know Regardless Of Anything I'm Here"

She Came Up Wrapping Her Arms Around Me In A Motherly Hug.

"Go Ahead And Get Ready For Dinner Your Parents Should Be Here In A Few"

My Heart Began To Pound Inside My Chest As I Drug My Feet Upstairs To My Room.

"Front Door" I Heard The Alarm System Say, Letting Me Know My Parents Were Home.

I Began To Take Deep Shaky Breaths Attempting To Calm My Nerves.

I Went Into My Bathroom And Relieved My Bladder Before Washing My Hands.

I Stood In The Mirror And Raised Up My Shirt Turning To The Side To Glance At My Now Forming Baby Bump.

"Lovelyn Honey Come Down For Dinner" My Father Yelled Up To Me.

"Yes Sir I'm Coming"

I Walked Down The Steps And Sat At The Table With My Father, Yolanda And My Mother.

"Let Us Pray" My Father Said As We All Joined Hands.

After Prayer It Was Silent Besides The Silverware Hitting Our Plates.

"Lovelyn Honey I Was Thinking We Could Go To The Salon Tomorrow To Get Our Hair Did Like Old Times

"Lovelyn Honey I Was Thinking We Could Go To The Salon Tomorrow To Get Our Hair Did Like Old Times. How Does That Sound ?"

I Had A Doctor's Appointment Tomorrow , Here Goes Nothing.

"That Sounds Great Mom But I'll Have To Decline Your Offer" I Mumbled Quietly Avoiding Eye Contact As I Began To Pick Over My Food.

Suddenly I Didn't Have A Appetite Anymore.

"Excuse You Young Lady ? If Your Mother Says Y'all Are Going To The Salon Then Thats What It'll Be"

"Malcom Calm Down I'm Sure She Has A Valid Reason As To Why"

"Stop Taking Up For Her All The Time Kelly Thats Her Problem Now"

"Just Let Her Talk Malcom"

"It Better Be A Damn Good Excuse"

All Attention At The Dinner Table Was Now On Me.

"I Can't Go Because I Have A Doctor's Appointment"