His Hero

"Astrid, behind you!" Hiccup warned. Astrid dove out of the way, avoiding the axe that a Hunter threw in her direction. They had been fighting their way through the forest for at least an hour now.

"Hiccup, look out!" Astrid called as another Hunter snuck up behind him, clubbing him across the head.

She fought to protect him but found herself being held back by two very large arms. She watched her boyfriend fall to the ground.

"HICCUP!"

***

Hiccup woke up in a completely different part of the forest, not a Hunter to be seen.

"Hmm?" He groaned as the searing pain in his head made itself known.

"Hey, it's okay, you're safe," Astrid spoke softly from behind him. He was laying on her chest, between her lap. She was sat against a rocky wall. "How do you feel?"

Hiccup slowly craned his head to see his beautiful girlfriend, a little bruised and battered.

"Astrid?" He muttered.

"Hey." She smiled in response.

"Your face." Hiccup noticed. "What did you do?"

"I kicked ass, that's what!" She smirked proudly as she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly. "I'm fine, Hiccup. Besides it's only fun if you-"

"Get a scar out of it. Yeah yeah." He chuckled, causing the blonde to blush.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Astrid worried.

"Of course I am." He smiled, turning to face her as he cupped her cheek in his hand. "You're here. Thanks, Astrid. You're amazing." Her cheeks were on fire. "And beautiful. Like, really beautiful."

"Okay, I think that's the concussion talking." She thought.

"Nah..." He planted a gentle kiss on her lips. "The concussion just makes it easier to say."

***