013. thanksgiving

november 25th,

"astriddd" colson screams as he walks into her home with pete, and casie trailing behind him."the party has arrived." zoe gives her a confused look, astrid returning one with a shrug. "what the fucks up" he says putting down his keys going in for a hug. "uh hi?" astrid answers still confused as to how he even got into her house."oh hi casie, hi petey!" astrid says hugging casie.

pete goes in for a hand shake, "hi astrid, sorry we just came in." he mentions looking down. "its fine, i guess i'm kind of used to it." she laughs, "how'd you get in this time colson? i hid the key like way better this time."

zoe glares at her while hugging colson and casie, "you have zero rocks outside, and one has the key, i doubt it was hard." pete's mouth opens, "see i told you it was there! he just picked the lock." he says which led to colson shushing him, "dude i said to go with the flow."

"anyways, casie want to help me and zoe set the table? i'm sure your dad and pete can get the turkey out." casie nods following the pair into the dining room which sits exactly 6 people. "so ash, are you making anymore music?" casie asks while she finished setting the white and gold plates. astrid took time to think, "not really, kindof taking a break you know?" she nods, turning running towards zoe. "zoe! whens the new fantastic beasts coming out?"

zoe smiles, "soon, i believe." casie sits down next to her"oh i cannot wait! newts my favorite you know, and all the animals." zoe gasps, putting her hand to her heart, "i am hurt. what about leta? isn't she the best?" casie shrugs, "sure?" astrid laughs, "i mean she's really my favorite too? girl power?"

astrid looks at casie serious, leaning on the table."well ms. casie what is your favorite song of mine?" she brings her hand to her lips looking up as she thinks. of course casie loved each one of her songs, i mean it's astrid she's known her for like 4 years. astrid happens to be one of casie's favorite of colson's girl friends, for some reason. "hm, that's a hard one. maybe, cuz i love you." astrid and zoe clap, "bravo!"

colson and pete walk into the dining room, pete bows, "thank you, thank you. it was hard. four long months to find this turkey. but it was well worth the wait."colson follows in suit, "we lost two great soldiers." astrid and zoe boo, chanting "acab!" the boys roll their eyes, casie does too. the girls look at her, "casie what about girl power?" casie scratches her head, "i'm hungry."

"can we eat now?" astrid asks to no one in particular. "no- of coursed yes. this is your house." zoe answers shaking her head. "right, right."

-

"well thank you for dinner ash. but i'm heading out." zoe says picking up her purse and going in a hug with astrid. astrid embrasses her, "aw okay bye-bye, love you!" colson and casie left ages ago, casie wanted to go see her mom before it was to late. pete stayed he was enjoying the pie a little to much, it was scary honestly, that boy can eat. pete walks towards the door to meet astrid, "hey ash, do you want me to leave?"

she looks at him, "no, not if you don't want to leave whenever." she answers closing the door heading to the dining table to clean up. pete goes to help her"don't you want to go see your mom or something?"

astrid laughs picking up the plates, "oh god, no thank you. don't really want to get lectured on how i'm almost thirty with the husband or kids." he looks at her confused, "but you're like 25." she rolls her eyes, "exactly my point."

after cleaning up and washing dishes which went by surprisingly fast, thanks to pete and his jokes.

astrid and pete have briefly met in the past, but not really had a conversation. her sister maude, played his sister in 'the king of staten island', which is where they first had their encounter. they were both at the bar and just nodded to each other. a nod. who even does that?

"hey petey? want to watch a movie or something?" she asks leaning on the marble island counter, "sure. i get to pick though." he answers walking to the couch. astrid runs past him,"not if i get there first."

-

"marvel."

"no."

"fine then, 2 hearts."

"is it depressing?"

"i guess, i don't know."

"okay!" he says clapping his hands.

after arguing for 10 minutes about a movie choice finally they settled on one."oh true story, super depressing yay!" astrid mentions.

with 50 minutes left astrid was sobbing, which led to pete awkwardly comforting her. "he almost died! awe wait they're getting married never mind." pete rubs her back as she leans on his chest. her tears staining his shirt, "oh damn, she's pregnant? ew." pete's eyebrows crunch together, "kids are disgusting. they see you struggle with their shoes and just watch. how rude." astrid laughs, "what? it's true."

pete's now sobbing at the plot twist. "but he was happy. what the fuck." astrid now tries to comfort pete while sobbing herself. "oh my god. he's brain dead, oh my god he's dead. no no no."

the pairs now on the edge of their seat. "he got his lungs! peter! jorge got chris's lungs. i am dying."

pete looks at her and smiles at her fangirling, "pete look! they're on a yacht." pete nods in response looking back at the screen. this time astrid looked at pete seeing how into the movie he is, logan never watched movies with me, she thought. "astrid he disappeared, he'll always be with them always. i'm gonna cry" astrid grabs her phone, "say cheese."

"are you taking a picture of me while i am vulnerable?" he asks, "yes, yes i am."