019. percy

tw // emotional abuse, gaslighting, relationship issues,
and sexual abuse. and mentions of sex and rape

if you feel triggered by any of these things, please click off now.

-

astrid sits beside pete on the kitchen island, "well, i met him at a party in new york. he was one of those people who was two faced, like he'd act one way to me with people then once they was gone or out of his eye range he's a whole different asshole."

"not very percy jackson of him."

she couldn't help but laugh, "anyways. when i was with him it was different. i felt on top of the world at first."

"in new relationships you don't see the flaws right away, i obviously fucking didn't. he never looked at other girls. he would buy me drinks, take me out to dinner, and care for me."

he urged her to continue, it was like a rom com of the sorts, what would happen next? "go on"

"logan, meant the world to me at first nothing was more important. he became my inspiration, my songs were about him, it was like he's my missing puzzle piece."

"we talked about our future, and our careers. i loved him. logan day after day started acting different he was secretive and didn't wanna kiss me anymore except for in public. he cared so god damn much about looking good for the public."

"and when the honeymoon era ended, and i began to see things for how they really were. i stopped making excuses for him. i think it was actually colson to pull my head from the gutter and pointed it out to me. logan didn't like colson, he didn't like any guy i talked to actually."

"when we started having problems, no when i noticed there was more problems and more fighting, i asked for a break. he didn't give it to me. he wouldn't let me."

astrid looked up from playing with he rings on her fingers for what felt like forever to look into petes eyes which were wider than usual.

"and instead of being a normal person, i let him hurt me."

"and it continued, till one day i didn't wanna kiss him, or touch him, or have sex with him. so i just layed there crying, silently, while he did what he did." tears fell down her face.

"astrid... im so fucking sorry. fuck him."

"finally i told someone, zoë, about everything. the next day she helped me move out while he was with someone doing things i don't care about."

"why didn't you tell anyone?"

"i don't know, it was hard.

pete scoffed clearly upset at the fact the girl who was seen as a strong woman let herself go through horrible shit. "well why not?"

"i don't know peter! i thought everything would just solve by itself. i don't blame anyone but me and logan. our relationship was toxic-"

"and you shouldn't of gone there that. you deserve better, astrid."

"i know that now" she yells back "why are you so upset? it's not like it happened to you peter."

"you're right, it didn't but it hurts me to know a beautiful woman like you had to go through that. it really fucking sucks, mann."

the whole room went silent as the two souls breath was being shared due to how close they were. two souls who didn't deserve what they went through yet all their fears seemed to be drowned by the tension in the air.

he was exactly what she needed, someone who knew her worth, and made sure she did too.

and for him? he knew in that moment, she was the type of girl who could understand him and love him for what he really was.

her breathing slowed as she leaned into him now centimeters away just as she was about to kiss him, the fears came back. she cleared her throat as she stepped back to wipe her tears, "thank you pete, really."

"anytime astrid."

"about 4 months ago, logan showed up here and apologized, then a few month later i went to get my shit out of his place, and haven't talked to him since. and that's it. the story of my fucked up relationship with logan lerman."