031. wish u were sober

all her friends waited for the birthday girl to arrive. alexa and barbie waited in the corner disappointed that jacob and astrid didn't work out. of course alexa kept telling him to try and talk with astrid. she saw how pete was and whom he was becoming in their relationship.

astrid waited for pete to arrive back to the house. she thought she had heard him but from what she guessed he grabbed something and left. zoe had been texting her non stop about her whereabouts. which confused her but never the less,

she never knew about the dinner surprise, since she didn't arrive till later. it started at 6; pete finally arrived to get her at 8. his car smelling like weed. she groaned as she knew she'd reek of weed after it consumes her once lavander scent.

no a single word had been spoken between the two till at a stop light he checked his phone to find her instagram story. immediately from the corner of her eye she saw how he reacted and started to prepare herself for this fucking argument. "what the fuck is this?" his eyes almost bloodshot red,

he continued to drive as he waited for astrid to answer. "that's not an answer ash, come on answer."

she sighed, "i posted flowers. what the fucks wrong with that?"

he scoffed, "really? 'flowers' the flowers you got from your ex? really classy of you. you fucking around with him now or what? i see you two texting. i'm not stupid."

this time she scoffed, "yeah well they're the only flowers i got. and we're friends, i left him for your sober ass and guess what? that's a lie too."

he slammed on the breaks as he pulled over. "you're going to start this now? out of all times. i'm just trying to conversate. you're over reacting. you're not my mother."

"god. do you hear yourself?" she questions, pointing to her head, "you're stupid pete. the only reason this is happening is cause you were sober and nice." she signals between them two, "where are you when you go off into the night huh?"

he licks his dry lips rolling his eyes, "why does that matter?" he turns towards her getting in her face, "why does it fucking matter, huh? you wanna know?"

she nodded, "yeah let me guess getting high?"

he scoffed "guess you're fucking right. remember i'm living my life not yours."

at this point their both yelling at each other outside the restaurant. "are we going to go in or not?" she asks wiping a tear from her face. he nodded looking back at her, "i love you okay? you know that. i'd do anything for you." he kissed her cheek.

the blonde stayed quiet, not saying a word. she didn't want to start another fight. as he got out of the car and opened her door he mumbled behind her ear, "don't tell anyone. happy birthday ash."

and so her mentality for that night was fake it till you make it, and she made it. two and a half hours later she arrived to her party. as her friends surround her taking looks to see her reaction to the gifts. all but one had a name on it, one just said 'to my once soulmate', she saved that one for last. pete had said it was from him. 

she believed it; but he did love her, despite his actions, and she knew that. at the first real talk of theirs he stated he had bpd, and even though that seemed like an excuse for her, she still loved him. she loved him and his flaws.

opening her last present, which was quite big frankly, the box had a beautiful arrangement of red roses shaped in a heart along with a pearl necklace that had a diamond heart that hung. she looked up at pete and hugged him thanking him. "it's beautiful, can you put it on me?" in the back alexa and zoe rolled their eyes and pete. they knew who it was from and were disgusted by him taking all the credit. 

obviously, he took the credit. and of course he knew who really gave that gift, but he didn't care. to him, that jacob dude needed to back the fuck off. pete would do anything for ash, anything. his second, or really only, surprise for her was that he tattooed her name on him.

pete lead her outside to give her her 'special' gift. his friends, and hers, cheered the two on as they watched from the windows. "what is it pete?" her smile was from ear to ear. he lifted his shirt just enough for her to see the tattoo. "oh my fucking god." she gasped. 

"like it?" he asked, ash immediately nodded yes and went in to kiss him. his lips made her forget what happened earlier. she broke the kiss, "i love it."

"i cannot believe you did that!" she confessed as they started to walk back into the bar. he scoffed, "i'd do anything for you."

pete reached to open the door, "even stop doing drugs?" he stopped, his fingers wrapped around the handle. he debated this in his head. if he'd stop doing them, she'd stop talking with that australian.

"fine."

astrid smiled going back in for a kiss; from the corner of her eye she saw jacob inside with alexa and zoe. they made eye contact. he saw what she was doing and got up from his seat handed the flowers he got her to zoe and left. 

even if she was over jacob, she wasn't completely. 

her heart sunk a little she wouldn't lie. jacob treated her right, like pete did in the beginning. yet he was still on her mind. with jacob she almost completely forgot about him, yet with pete she missed him. 

but she'd get over it, she told herself. hopefully.