20. Stella Rhodes

Previously: You got shot on the sidewalk while walking to your apartment.

~ Spencer POV ~

I had dropped Y/N and her dog Harley at her apartment. I stayed to see that she'd walk in safely. That was until I heard a gunshot. There was a red spot on Y/N. She turned around and looked me in the eyes. My heart sank. I quickly got out of the car and ran towards her.

Harley kept barking, it's like she understood what just happened. I kept telling Y/N to stay awake. I could tell she kept going in and out of consciousness. I heard her whisper something. It was a Shakespeare poem.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love."

Was she really doing this now? Reciprocating her love for me? Was she giving up the fight to live? I assured her that she'd be fine, that she could do that when she was in the hospital bed. She coughed up blood. I yelled for anyone to call 911. Her eyes suddenly fluttered shut. I placed my hands onto the bullet wound to hopefully slow down the bleeding. After about ten minutes, the ambulance arrived.

Once she was in the operating room, I called everyone. They all came in, one by one. I paced around the room in nervousness. She couldn't die. She has so much ahead of her to do in life. WE have so much things ahead of us. So much to look forward to.

After about three hours, a doctor called for Hotch. It was weird, but I shrugged it off.

They were whispering back and forth. After a few minutes he came over.

Hotch: "Reid...I'm sorry."

Everyone gasped. I felt my heart crack.

Spencer: "What do you mean. Don't tell me that she's gone. She's fine. She's resting."

Hotch: "Someone needs to call Denise, she needs to be informed."

Spencer: "I can't do this. I can't handle this. This is not happening."

Hotch: "She's gone Spencer, I'm sorry."

Spencer: "I quit."

Penelope: "What?"

Rossi: "I know you've lost her, but let's not make any rash decisions..."

Spencer: "I've lost too much. I lost Maeve. I lost Gideon. I almost lost my Mom. And now I've lost Y/N."

Derek: "Hey, we all lost Gideon and Y/N. But you don't see anyone else quitting."

JJ: "We're going to catch this son of a bitch."

Emily: "I think I know who. But Garcia needs to search up some things."

Penelope: "Whatever you guys need to catch him."

Hotch: "You're not quitting Reid. I forbid it."

Spencer: "Fine. But as soon as this case is finished, I'm done."