Epilogue 1

We've been busy, very busy. We publicly announced our engagement at the end of November so we had time to just enjoy it, have it be our secret. It was through Instagram and Twitter, both of us posted. I didn't look at the comments until like a week later. Most of them were positive but there was the normal amount of negative comments that mess with your head. We dealt with it though and when you're this happy it's hard for things like that to get in the way.

Harry opened for the Grammys in January and won his first ever award for pop solo performance. I couldn't have been more proud of him. He was just so happy about it. I was his date, the scariest thing I've ever done. He didn't force me to do it but he did push me. I'm going to have to get used to it. We matched outfits, Harry was so excited about it. It was like our first public event as a couple, even when we were dating I never went to anything like this. I was nervous, like really nervous and I wasn't even the one performing. I just had to walk the red carpet and then get to our seats. I did it successfully, no issues. Harry was so proud of me even though he was the one that should be getting the praise.

We also started planning the wedding in January. People have been saying that we are getting married too soon, that we don't need to get married this soon after getting engaged. It's not that we need to, we want to. It's been almost nine months, it's been long enough. A June wedding was the first thing Harry suggested, how cliche. As Olive said "perfectly us." Olive is my maid of honor of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. Along with Olive, I'll have Alex, Sarah, and Gemma up there with me. They are all so important to me. Gemma and I have gotten so close recently. I'm grateful for that because I feel like before I didn't really know her that well. Olive is also walking me down the aisle because it's only right that she gives me away. She'll walk down the aisle with Mitch, who is Harry's best man, and have to come running back to me. It's going to be a small wedding, just close friends and family, very intimate. We have everything planned out down to the little details of the font thats on the cards on the tables. The color scheme is light pink, Harry insisted on that. The set up is beautiful, I saw it last night at the rehearsal dinner. It's outside at sunset, everything is going to be perfect. I wanted the reception under the stars. Harry thought it was very important that they were there. There are sunflowers on every table, the way I wanted it. My mom can't be here obviously but it's nice to have something that reminds me of her. Our first dance song is perfect, Songbird by Fleetwood Mac. Everything is perfect.So here we are, my wedding day. June 19th, 2021.

"Leah, you have to get dressed now," Olive says, coming over to me as I stare out the window. My hair and makeup were done a long time ago. "You look beautiful, Olive." I say, looking at Olive in her pink bridesmaids dress. I cannot express to you how happy it makes me to see her all dressed up, Olive doesn't dress up. "I don't just dress up for just anyone." she replies, grabbing my dress from the back of the door. She pulls the dress out of the bag and I smile. I designed this dress with some of Harry's people, it's exactly what I want. It's a ballgown dress and when I put it on for the first time I felt like a literal princess, like Belle. Harry hasn't seen the dress or any drawings for the dress, he knows nothing. I'm excited to see his reaction, I hope he likes it. I haven't seen him since last night. He insisted that we weren't allowed to sleep in the same room. He's not allowed to see me until I walk down the aisle. I called him on the phone this morning though, it was nice to hear his voice. We both slept terribly but it will be worth it in the end.

Olive helps me put the dress on while Alex, Gemma, Anne, and Sarah watch, drinking champagne. I'm not of course, I'm drinking water, that's probably all I'll drink today. I'm actually not anxious at all today for the first time in my life. That's comforting, I really want this. 

I walk to the mirror and look at myself. I've never felt more beautiful. I feel that it's narcissistic to think you're beautiful but that might be because I don't think that way, ever. "Oh my God you look amazing! Give us a twirl!" Gemma shouts. I turn around and they all have their phones out taking pictures of me. I twirl for them as they all cheer. I look at Anne, she's got tears in her eyes but she's smiling.