Part 2: A New Home

After finally getting back to Konoha, Hawk appears in front of the door to the Hokage's Office. Sensing no other chakra signatures other than Sarutobi's, and with a sleeping child on his shoulders, he decided to take a more formal approach. "Come in", came a gruff voice from inside. As he walked inside, Sarurobi was waiting patiently at his desk with a wooden pipe in his mouth; a stoic look on his face. He looked up with a small smile, and when he saw Himiko on Hawk's shoulders, his eyes widened, seeing the state she was in, before softening with a grim smile that faded as it appeared. "Hello, Hawk. I see that you have brought back Himiko with you. Thank goodness she is alright. Though I'm afraid it would seem there weren't any other survivors", he spoke grimly towards the end, with saddened eyes as he got no answer when Hawk took off his mask. Who gave the man a sympathetic smile as he nodded.

The captain hesitated for a moment before taking out the two scrolls that held the bodies of Himiko's parents. For at least here, in the village's own burial grounds, they could finally find peace of their own. "However, I was able to bring the two bodies of those of her parents. Of whom are in these, Lord Hokage. We were at least able to recover her parents' bodies before something could've happened to them. You know how criminals and those who are swayed to the darkness would do anything to get their hands on somehow being able to use their clan's kekkei genkai ", Hawk explained as he set the two scrolls on his desk and stood back to where he was before.

The hokage took the pipe out of his mouth with a sad gaze towards Himiko as he sighed. He then replied with a hint of uncertainty in his voice, "I am very much well aware of that fact. You've heard of the stories I've told a few of you about some of those special memories I had of this innocent child during the times where my old students; of whom you better know them as the three legendary sannin. Though I am uncertain if that includes Orochimaru, they've each spent cherish-able moments with her parents; especially with Himiko herself. Whom had grown quite attached to the three of us immediately. She truly was a bright and curious child with a soft heart. She still has a kind heart no doubt. And hopefully, she will get that spark back in her soon enough. However, with what has transpired, not to mention about what we believe to be true. And her being the last of the Kinoka clan. I am afraid that she has a large target on her back", he stated as he watched Himiko stir a bit in her sleep; still on Hawk's shoulders, resting comfortably. The peaceful look on her face made the hokage smile at the fond memories that played in his mind.

He let out a sigh as he thought about what he should do next for the girl. Who he considers his granddaughter, because of their close relationship with one another. He could not take care of the child himself. He was the hokage of the hidden leaf after all. And being the hokage means that the safety of the village and those who live in it is top priority. Sad to say, he would be far too distracted with other matters for the time being. Before he could even think about taking care of her. One, no doubt being Danzo. It was something about him that he had negative suspicions about when it comes to certain affairs. And another being the Uchiha clan. But confrontations with them won't be a discussion for a long while. And so, with that being said, he needed someone whom he could trust, without a doubt, to be able to help care for the child for the time being.

With that, a thought immediately came to mind. And with that thought, it's been settled. The hokage took out a scroll from inside a cabinet in his desk and wrote a message. He cleared his throat as he called in two other ANBU. Within less than a few seconds, they appeared behind him on opposite sides. "Hand this to Kushina Uzumaki, so she will be informed on the matter. And get Minato Namikaze and inform him that I would like to meet with him here in my office in thirty minutes. And that I have a request I would like ask", he ordered them as he handed one of them the scroll, "that will be all". They both bowed curtly before vanishing through the large window.