Part 9: The Formation Of Team Minato

Sorry for not being able to post this yesterday, guys! It was longer than I thought ^~^"

Anyways, here's the longer chapter than last one. I might not be able to post more this weekend, but I'll definitely keep track of posting as soon as possible during the weekdays!

And as always, I love y'all! And have a great day!

Edit: this chapter contains parts from episode 416 & 417. If you haven't gotten that far, this is a forewarning for possible spoilers.

~~~~~
~~~~~

   Sometime after that week, Kakashi and Himiko had excelled so well that they had allowed them both to skip a level and take the graduation exam. When they walked out of the academy, he was wearing the blue headband. While Himiko had hers in her pocket, and out of sight. Because she didn't want to put hers on just yet; for certain reasons... She smiled towards Rin and Obito.

"Congratulations, Kakashi", Himiko commented. Rin nodded and also said her congrats as well to the both of them. Obito, however, looked bothered.

"You too", Kakashi said back Himiko, somewhat blandly, before looking at the Uchiha. "Well? Aren't you going to congratulate me?", he asked him.

Obito glared at him, "yeah, right!" And ran off. The trio watched where he ran, Kakashi shrugging in confusion. Rin and Himiko decided to follow after him. Obito was sitting down on a stone bench, underneath the shade of the trees behind it as he looked downward in disappointment.

"Class is going to start soon...", Himiko said.

"Let's go...", Rin added.

"Rin... Himiko... please just... keep watching over me, ok...?", Obito asked.

"What?", Rin wondered.

"I... I'll catch up to him. And then I'll surpass him. And... and then I'll be hokage. No matter what..!", he seethed, clenching his fists over his legs. Both girls smiled softly.

"Don't worry, 'bito", Himiko replied, walking up beside Rin.

"We'll always be watching", Rin finished with a nod.

Obito grinned up at them, then hoped up, fist pumped the air, "alright! I'll do my best".

~~~~~

After almost a few months of hard training, Obito went and took the graduation exam again. Though, not believing that he passed, he went back to sit down on the same stone bench; sulking.

"He's right over here!", Himiko shouted, making Obito glance over. Only to see her running up to him with a jonin walking up to them

"Ah, so this is where you've been hiding, huh?", stated the jonin giving a stern look.

"Sorry about that. Himiko? What are you doing here?", Obito wondered.

She gave him a pleasant smile, "because, you forgot something, 'bito".

"Forgot what?", Obito looked up at the jonin.

"Here", he held out out a blue leaf ninja headband to him. Obito looked down at the headband as he took it.

"Does this mean...?".

"Starting today, you are a full fledged shinobi. Like your friend here", the jonin gestured to the Kinoka. Obito glanced at Himiko in slight confusion.

She pulled out her own blue headband from her pocket. "I thought that I'd wait until you and Rin graduated, before I even considered myself to be one as well. I wouldn't want to graduate without all of my friends graduating as well", she gave a playful winking smile.