Part 10: The Chunin Exams, Under The Cherry Tree

Hey, all! I am so sorry that I wasn't been able to post more chapters last week! I was dealing with a lot of personal stuff as of late ^~^"

But, so, because of how long it has taken me, I decided to make this one longer than intended, instead of separating them into two parts.

Anywho, again, I am sorry it took so long. And I hope you guys continue to enjoy the story!

Forewarning: this chapter contains parts from episode 385 & 386. If you haven't gotten that far in the anime, this is a warning for possible spoilers.

Added note: I'll also possible back track and put in their ages, if needed, for you guys. As well as possibly add them from here on out in future chapters. As well as to help keep track of their current ages.

~~~~~
~~~~~

Himiko: 5   Kakashi: 6   Rin & Obito: 9-10

   During the following year, everything was pretty normal. Himiko hung out with Rin and Obito when she could; other times with them separate. And stayed home to help Kushina with the chores while she was busy with other things. Helping Minato with anything she could help him with. She also hung out with Kakashi when she could as well, even though he was still... different, in a way; more closed off and isolated. As well as... other things... And of course, the team's usual missions. Which were mostly D-ranks; only sometimes getting C-ranks. One day, Himiko and Kakashi were standing in front of his father's grave that afternoon; paying their respects.

"Hey...", Kakashi started. Himiko turned her head towards him. "Thanks... I guess...", he muttered, as he continued to stare at his father's grave. She gave him a gentle smile.

"Anytime, but there's no need to thank me. Because I want to be there for you guys. Especially you, Kakashi. No one deserves to be alone. You're a very dear friend to me. And always will be. So I'll always do what I can to help fill that hole inside your heart that others can't see", Himiko answered earnestly, putting a hand on his shoulder; making him look at her. The look on his face made her expression soften. "Now, don't you give me that look, Kashi", she playfully scolded. "You know as well as I do, that you can't get rid of me that easily", she giggled. His expression remained unreadable as he looked back at the gravestone in front of them. She internally sighed softly as she looked back at it as well. And After a few moments of silents, they walked back into the village.

"Well, I guess this is it for today. Unless you want to do anything else?", she thought out loud.

Kakashi shrugged, "I was actually gonna go fishing for the rest of the afternoon. Then head back home. It's getting kind of late though, so you should probably get going before it gets any later", he noted; looking up at the sky.

"Oh, right. Well, I guess I'll see you next time then. I gotta go and check on Obito and Rin before heading back; see how they're doing as well. See you later, Kakashi", she said, flashing him a bright smile as she ran off. "And don't forget! I always got your back! No matter what!", she shouted, waving back to him.

"Yeah. See you", he replied as he too headed off. But no matter what she, nor anyone else said or thought of him. He would never let any of them in... he won't let himself be like his father... and he'll obey the rules... No matter what happens...

~~~~~

The next day on the bridge, where the team usually meets up at, the four teammates were waiting on Minato to arrive.

"What's up with Minato-Sensei?", Obito wondered; muttering, "he tells us to assemble, and then he's late!". He sighed exasperatedly, "come on, give me a break...".

"You're one to talk", Kakashi retorted.

"Hey!", Obito glared angrily at him.

"You heard me".