Part 15: The Truth Behind The Massacre

Hey, y'all! Not much to say here either, as the title already says enough for this chapter ^~^"

So I'll just leave it off here for now!

And as always, I love y'all! And have a great day!

~~~~~
~~~~~

It had been two days, and Himiko had been called into the hokage's office to speak with Minato about a certain matter. But this matter seemed to have mostly concerned her. Though when she stepped inside, she saw Kakashi standing in front of his desk to the right, in his ANBU uniform.

"Oh, hey, Kakashi. Sorry, am I interrupting anything?", she asked with uncertainty as she glanced between him and her father. Kakashi looked over at her as he turned to the left. He wasn't wearing his mask this time, as it was hanging from the side of his head on an angle.

Minato gave her a reassuring smile as he responded, "not at all, Himiko. In fact, I had already informed Kakashi on the matter. Do you remember any kind of scroll of some sort that was kept hidden around the day of the certain...", he gave a hesitant pause as he tried to put his next words lightly, "event that happened roughly eight years ago in your village...? Perhaps like a summoning scroll...?".

Himiko's eyes widened. She's been insistent on going to find it for a long time. And now that she's more prepared and skilled enough to venture out... she nodded as she walked over to stand beside Kakashi. "Of course. Mama and Papa had always kept it concealed. But Tao said that she may know where it could be hidden", she informed, her voice slowly turning somewhat monotoned as she recalled a brief memory.

Noticing the look in her eyes, Minato's expression softened into one of slight remorse. He closed his eyes before it turned serious as he looked at the two. "Very well. To insure that it will not fall into the wrong hands. And for it to remain in the proper ones", he gave Himiko a knowing look before shifting his gaze back to the both of them, "I would like the two of you, along with another ANBU operative, to go and retrieve it as soon as possible", he instructed.

"Yes, sir", they both nodded.

"And Himiko?", he looked at her.

"Yes?".

"I hope that you will be reunited soon", he said with a gentle smile. She was slightly taken aback, but returned the gesture with a light nod.

"Thank you, Dad...", she replied.

"You three are to meet at the front gate in twenty minutes. The third ANBU member will meet you both there. But first, I would like to speak with you before you leave from here, Kakashi. You're dismissed, Himiko. And good luck", he said. They both looked at each other before nodding at Minato.

"Yes, sir", she said before heading out.

"Kakashi, there is something that I would like to ask of you", Minato started once she left.

"What is it, Minato-Sensei?", asked Kakashi.

"With what had happened to her clan, no doubt revisiting Mushin village would bring back some... unpleasant memories... I know that you would still do this without me needing to ask. But would you watch over and keep an eye on her when you arrive at the village?".

Thinking back to what his father had told him, and what Himiko herself had told him and the rest of team Minato as well, the look in his eyes shifted. Though his expression remained neutral for the most part, it also seemed to have softened.

Kakashi nodded, "of course".

Minato gave him a soft smile. "Thank you, Kakashi. Good luck to you as well. You may go", Minato said.