Part 11: The Kannabi Bridge

Hey, all! I just wanted to post another part before it got any later in the weekend, as I'm pretty busy throughout most of it. So I just thought that I would get this next one up before-hand!

Especially after the long wait from before I posted last chapter. In which, again, I am sorry about that. But let's get this story rolling again, shall we?

As always, I love y'all! And have a great day!

Forewarning: this chapter contains parts from episode 119 & 120. If you haven't gotten that far in the anime, this is a warning for possible spoilers.

~~~~~
~~~~~

   The next day, Team Minato was having a meeting out in the woods in one of their usual open area meeting spots. Minato was sitting casually on a large flat-surfaced stone. Kakashi and Rin, along with Himiko, were standing more near the trees by him. And Obito, as usual, was no where to be seen.

Fifteen minutes had passed, and he arrived. Falling down from a tree and landing on the ground, rolling over to the team.

"Did I make it...?", Obito muttered as he looked at the others.

"No, you're late, Obito", Kakashi stated unimpressed. He turned and looked down at him. "What? Did you forget what time we're supposed to meet?", he asked rhetorically. "When you're a full fledged shinobi, you're expected to follow all rules and regulations", he finished. Himiko frowned when hearing his statement.

"Well, I was on my way, but this feeble old lady with these heavy bags asked for directions", Obito tried to explain, "I-I mean, I got something in my eye, and-".

Kakashi cut him off, "if you're going to lie, at least make up a good one", he retorted. It seemed like Minato was listening in slight amusement as his eyes were closed. With a slight smile on his face, he turned his head to look at the two boys.

"Alright, Kakashi, that's enough. I'm sure Obito showed her the way. Obito? Riiight?", Minato lightly asked.

"And carried her bags. Hahaha", Obito said as he put in eye drops.

Kakashi turned to look at Minato. "You're too nice, Minato-Sensei". He looked forward with his eyes closed; having a content smile. "Every time he's late, he says he's stopped to help a needy person. Ninja who break the rules and laws are regarded as nothing but scum", Kakashi stated. Then asked confidently, "isn't that right?". Minato laughed with an uneasy smile.

Himiko sighed quietly, before giving Kakashi a sideways look. But that's only because of what the village has made you believe... because of what they had caused your father...

Obito rubbed his left eyelid with the side of his fist, looking unamused. "Don't you have a shred of kindness in that heart of yours?", he asked in the same manner he looked as he turned his head slightly away. "You've ever talk about rules and regulations", he mocked halfheartedly, "the key is self control". Kakashi growled in annoyance at him.

Rin gave an uneasy closed eye smile before holding her hands up in front of her in defense. "Alright guys, let's just calm down", she said softly, "we're all on the same team, remember?".

"She's right, just take it easy. We're all teammates here", Himiko added calmly.

Kakashi looked over at the both of them, "you're both too easy on him. Remember, today's also a special day for me". Himiko internally sighed as she gave him a side glance. She guessed that Obito was right about Kakashi, in a sense...

Just because it's a special day for you. Doesn't mean that you can be a jerk to him...

But still... there was no way that she was gonna give up on him one bit... they were teammates after all. And along with Rin and Obito, he's also a close friend to her.