Part 6: The Minds Eyes, A Distant Friend

Hey, y'all! Sorry for not posting yesterday, or Sunday. I'm trying to have this as a daily update, if not, then at least a weekday update. Hopefully I'm not busy for longer than a day or two for future uploads.

Any-who! This chapter will most likely have some feels. But pretty light, as compared to future chapters, of course

And also might be kind of corny on a few parts...? I'm not sure, it's probably just me. ^~^"

Anyways, that's enough talk from me for now! I hope y'all enjoy! And I'll try to get another chapter uploaded soon after!

~~~~~
~~~~~

   Before Himiko went to open the door, her father already did from the inside. When Minato looked down at her, she reached her hands up to him. He looked slightly confused at first, but when her eyes went back to normal, he quickly crouched down and picked her up as her body went limp. He sighed in content as he put her on his back; holding her hind legs as her arms hung loosely from over his shoulders, and her head against his.

"Minato? Who is it?", Kushina called out from inside.

Minato walked back in and looked over at her. "It's Himiko. And don't worry, she's just very exhausted at the moment", he assured. Kushina glanced over; somewhat bemused. But at the same time relieved.

"That's a relief. She really knows how to make us worry, ya know", Kushina murmured as she walked over and rubbed Himiko's head. "Go ahead and take her up to her room. I'll make sure to save some food for her when she wakes up", she said as she stepped away.

When Minato went into her room, he walked over and gently lied her down onto her bed; covering her with the blanket. "Sleep well, Himiko", he smiled softly as he went and left her room; closing the door behind himself.

~~~~~

Himiko was sitting down, cross legged, as she meditated on top of one of the poles in the training grounds. It was in the afternoon. And after a few minutes had passed, Minato had came into the area to check up on her. He looked over at her, and his lips lifted upward into a small smile when he saw how peaceful she looked. After waiting a few more minutes, he walked over to her.

Hearing his footsteps, she slowly opened up her eyes and looked over at him, giving a soft smile. "Hey, Dad. Needed anything?", she asked as she hopped down from the pole and looked up at him. He shook his head.

"Not at all. I just wanted to come and check on you and see how you were doing", he gave the same gesture. Before rubbing the back of his head with an uneasy closed eye smile. "You always seem so peaceful whenever I see you meditating. I kind of feel bad to disturb you".

Himiko giggled a bit with a slight blush as she waved her hands defensively. "No, no, not at all! You're fine! It's just that...", she put a hand behind her head as she averted her gaze.

"Well... meditating always helps me cope with my emotions and thoughts... it's a thing that my clan would always do when dealing with stress, or any other negative feelings and thoughts and such... Mama and Papa said that it's to help "balance our selves"...? Having a clear mind helps us use our eye ability a lot easier. And... well... it also helps me deal with... other certain things...", she quietly muttered the last part as she shifted her eyes to the ground.

Minato's brows furrowed with a disheartened look. So that's why she hasn't shown any signs of trauma ever since she was brought into the Leaf... he closed his eyes as he thought over his response. Before opening them back up with a kind smile as he crouched down to her hight. He put a gentle hand on top of her head, making her look at him.