Part 16: Deception, And The Ties That Bind

Hey, all! Sorry again for the long wait. I made a note of this before, but I realized that I haven't said it in this story yet... ^~^"

But I just wanted y'all to know that I'm now also not only working on this story. But also another story that I recently started posting about. So my focus may be split for a while, until I'll hopefully get the hang of posting about both stories as frequently as each other (as well as doing irl stuff, but that's the usual of course). But that won't be a problem, as I love them both! ^~^

So, that's all I wanted to let you guys know as for now. I think I've talked enough for now anyway ^~^" let's get back to the story, shall we?

And as always, I love y'all! And have a great day!

Forewarning: this chapter contains separate parts from episode 350 & 451. If you haven't seen those episodes of the anime, or gotten that far, this is a warning for possible spoilers.

~~~~~
~~~~~

   A month had passed, and this time Himiko was dashing quickly towards a lookout near one of the far reaches towards one of the coasts. When she got there, she saw the three Leaf shinobi surrounded by... Stone ninja...? Something doesn't feel right... she swiftly spun forwards and into the center of all of them; activating her Godaigan. Once she stops, she immediately began spinning as she lifts her arms loosely to her sides. "Reverse Cyclone!", she shouted as she made the wind from around them forcefully push the stone shinobi away from them. She internally thanked Guy for giving her the idea from his "Severe Leaf Hurricane". When Kakashi and two other ANBU were about to join in, they fled.

"Thanks for that, looks like the Hidden Stone has betrayed us", one of the lookouts noted.

"I'm not so sure about that...", Himiko muttered as she picked up one of the shuriken thrown by the enemy and gave it a closer look. That explains it... she faced the group and shook her head. "These aren't Stone ninja shuriken...", she stated.

"You mean, they were fakes?", the same guy added, "but why would-".

"To cause a rift between the Leaf and the Stone", the one in a crow mask concluded. Just then, Kakashi made a quick dash after the fake Stone ninja.

"Don't chase them too far", Eagle advised. Himiko looked after where he ran off to with uncertainty before shaking her head lightly. No... he's got this...

"Himiko", he called out, making her look at him, "let's pursue after them as well". She nodded and went after her teammate with them following behind.

~~~~~

As the three went after Kakashi, Himiko could feel body's falling limp to the ground as she felt through the wind using her Godaigan. They were slowly closing the gap between them.

Two... three... four... one left... Himiko's eyes hardened as she quickened her pace even more. As soon as they had him and the last fake Stone ninja in their sights, they saw that he had his ANBU mask off as his Chidori sparked in his hand.

"Kakashi! Wait!", Eagle shouted after him. But it was too late as the enemy yelled out in panic as he stood frozen in fear against a tree.

"Five!", Kakashi said as he drove the Chidori through his heart. The blow of the attack going through the tree behind him as well, and causing a big blast of electricity. When the three landed and walked over to them, Himiko looked at the body then at Kakashi with a somewhat saddened expression.

"All five killed with a single blow to their vital points", Eagle muttered in observation.

"If you could've kept at least one alive. We could've gotten intel", the other ANBU, with a bear mask, affirmed gruffly. Kakashi glared at them, making them gasp at the coldness in his eyes as they hardened.