Chapter 3

A/N
SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE...SCHOOL. PLEASE KEEP READING AND ENJOYING!

C O L L I N S

After I recovered, or what I thought was recovered, I cleaned up the spilled smoothie that had started to spread on the floor.

I can't believe what I just saw a minute ago. It couldn't have been him. But it was. I knew it was. I haven't seen Luke since, wow, two years ago in October. He looked scared for some reason. Last I remember before they took him away from me, he was unconscious. I wasn't even allowed to ride in the ambulance with him, even though I was his GIRLFRIEND! I had to ride in a different ambulance, and I remember I threw a fit.

I wasn't as bad as he was, yeah I had a couple of really bad cuts and bruises, but compared to him, I was like an angel right from heaven itself.

He had cracked bones, a concussion, a swollen eye, you name it! And I wasn't allowed to go with him. I had to stay in my own room at the hospital and wasn't allowed to leave to go check up on him. And when I was finally able to walk, I went to go visit him but he wasn't there.

I had asked the nurse about where he went and he said something about Luke "disappearing". I was worried sick and looked for him for days but it was just like the nurse had said, Luke had simply just disappeared. Walked right out of my life without ever saying goodbye.

I admit, I was really upset with him, I mean him being my boyfriend and all. He could've at least called me or picked up the phone when I called. But no, he kept his distance. But then there's the part of me that feels bad for him, and feels his pain. In which now I'm conflicted about what I feel about him. Anger or sympathy?

"COLLINS!" Dylan yelled my name from upstairs, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Collins I think I broke my ankle!" She screamed.

"Oh my gosh!" I bolted out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

When I entered her room, I found her sitting on the floor, bawling her eyes out.

"What happened?" I asked her, worriedly and motioned to her foot she was holding.

"I-was...dancing and-went to do this-leap...and landed sideways on m-my ankle," She sobbed between her words. "Collins it hurts." She cried in agony.

"Okay, okay. I'm gonna call mum." I frantically pulled out my phone from my pocket and quickly called my mum.

"You've reached Anne Woodley. I'm sorry I couldn't ans-" I was sent straight to voice mail so I just ended the call.

"Okay, I'm going to take you to the hospital. Let's go." I picked her up and carried her downstairs, with her sobbing in my ear. And let me tell you, carrying a 14 year old, down the stairs, isn't easy for someone like me.

I grabbed my purse that was hanging by the door and slipped on my black moccasins. I didn't bother to put shoes on Dylan, so I just closed the door and went to my red Mustang. I placed her into the car and then got in. Once I had popped in the keys, igniting the car, I slowly pulled out of the driveway. Only I didn't. I actually hit something. On the driveway of all places.

"Oh my gosh!" I screamed. I quickly looked in my mirror and noticed a boy with blonde hair. I got out of the car and my jaw dropped.
"Luke? What the heck are you doing here?" I asked him. I could feel myself trembling.

Well, he looked okay, I mean considering the fact that I just hit him with my car. I mean he didn't look injured or anything. He looked pretty normal. He just looked up at me with wide eyes. And then he ran.

Seriously? Again he runs from me! I watched as he ran farther and farther away, until he disappeared, yet again from sight.

I sighed, getting back into my car. I glanced and Dylan who was still sulking and holding her ankle and I backed out of the driveway and raced to the hospital without another thought.

L U K E

What wrong with me?! Why do I always run away from her? I always seem to want what I'm running from. And I want her. She looked so scared and so angry at the same time. I couldn't bare to look at her, and see how hurt she looked. But I've got to go back and talk to her, just so that we're on the same page. And I'll find her again, somehow.

I continued to walk down the road that I came from. For the time being I was living at my friend, Calum's.

Basically, he's the only one who knows I'm alive. Well, him and Collins now. My parents don't know about me yet, because I didn't want to freak them out. I guess it's not really fair, but there's nothing else I can do. I arrived at Calum's house and opened the door. I don't know how I can stand being here, since this was the last place me and Collins were at together before the crash. But I somehow manage.

"Hey Luke! I didn't know you'd be back so soon. Where were you, mate?" Calum asked.

He was my friend for as long as I could remember, so it wasn't really a surprise when he was the only one who knew about my existence after the freak accident.

"Yenno, just out. I guess." I answered lamely, shrugging my shoulders.

"So, have you seen Collins?" He asked, suddenly serious. I guess that's the only thing I haven't told him yet.

"Uh, yeah. Actually I have. I saw her this morning at her house." I rubbed the back of my neck, looking away from him while I spoke.

"You've been inside her house? She actually let you in? Mate, you are killing it!" He chuckled, slapping my back.

"No, Calum. You don't understand. I didn't go into her house, I just saw her from outside her kitchen window." I sighed and walked over to the couch.

Calum came to sit beside me, his face was full of sympathy.

"Don't worry mate, you'll get her back." I know he was trying to cheer me up, but it didn't really help.

"Yeah? How? How am I, the supposed dead boyfriend, supposed to get Collins back?"

"You're Luke Hemmings. You will find a way." He smiled and the walked off.

Well, he was right about one thing. I, Luke Hemmings, does anything in his power to get back what he wants. Unfortunately, the only thing I'm worried about, is if she can take the whole truth or not.

A/N

OOH! WHAT'S LUKE TALKING ABOUT? WHAT TRUTH? WHAT DOES HE KNOW THAT COLLINS DOESN'T???

ALSO, PLEASE REFER BACK TO THE FIRST AUTHORS NOTE AND REMEMBER IM REALLY SORRY. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE A NEW CHAPTER AT LEAST EVERYDAY.

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ABOUT THE STORY AND HELP ME FIND A SHIP NAME FOR EDWARD AND COLLINS! ILYSM! KEEP READING!
Psst follow ToTheMoon18