Chapter 14

L U K E

Collins came in with tears streaming down her face.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I rushed up to her in concern.

"My mum, she hates me. I'm a disappointment to my family. Did I do the wrong thing?" She babbled in between hiccups.

"No, you did what you wanted. And that was a good thing. Your mum can't control you all the time."
She nodded, still crying.

She looked like a wreck. Her makeup was running down her face (😉), her hair was a mess, all the curls in knots, and her face held nothing but sadness and tiredness.

"C'mere." I held out my arms and she dropped her bags to walk into my embrace.

"Hey Luke, I got Cheetos, Doritos, or Pringles. But the Pringles are kinda gross and old now-" he stopped, seeing me and Collins as we were now pulling away.

He always seemed to be able to walk in at really bad times.

"Sorry guys," he laughed awkwardly. "How's it going Collins?" He smiled. She turned to him, still crying.

Calum's eyes grew wide and he dropped the chip bags in surprise.

"What happened?" He rushed over to her. Collins broke down and fell forward, Calum catching her in his arms.

"M-my mum kicked me out of the house. S-so Luke said I could stay h-here." She explained in between gasps for breath.

I felt myself glaring at Calum for holding her, but I knew he was just trying to be supportive.

"Collins, why don't you sit down on the couch and you can tell me what happened, yeah?" I suggested.

She nodded slowly, Calum releasing her and walking to the dropped chip bags.

"I'll just get snacks ready. We can watch a movie later, just the three of us!" Calum tried lifting the spirits. He left without another word.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" I asked. I bit my lip, afraid to hear what the answer was.

"O-okay." Collins took a deep breath to regain herself before continuing. "I got home later than my mum wanted me to and she asked where I was. I forgot that I hadn't told her about you yet." She paused. I had a feeling I knew where this conversation was leading to.

"Anyways, I ended up telling her and I'm really sorry Luke but you know how much she hates you. Even when we were dating before you came back, she hated you and she always will."

By this point, her tears had come down even harder. "I told her you were a good person and everything and I suggested that she meets you officially. But she likes Edward better because she...she thinks you're nothing but some wannabe punk weirdo with ripped jeans and a piercing.

"She thinks you don't care about school or anything or anyone, even me. She hates you Luke! I tried everything in my will but she just wouldn't change her mind." She was bawling like the world was going to end and I didn't know how to help.

I knew her mum hated me but I didn't think her mum would take it this far and kick her out because of it. I felt myself getting hot and I knew that I was about to explode at any second.

"I can't believe she would kick you out because of me!" I suddenly yelled, standing up quickly and scaring Collins.

"I mean I knew I'd probably be bad for you and ruin your life, but I wanted you back so badly because I've missed you. Now I know that I messed up."

I rested my hand at the back of my neck, stressed out for what I caused. Collins stood up and walked over to me with a small smile on her face.

"Luke," she said in a soft voice. "You didn't mess up anything. I didn't realize how much I had missed you too and that you made my life a whole lot better. Sure me and Edward had our time but when you came back, I saw that me and Edward weren't really going to have a future. I mean, he never talked about it with me, so I thought that he didn't really plan on it either. My mum's being an idiot since she doesn't see how great of a boyfriend you really are." I didn't know she thought of me like that. I smiled and hugged her again.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" I asked.

"Of course I do Luke. You only ever ask me that about a hundred times." She joked. "I love you too."

Calum came back with a huge smile on his face. "Oh, yay. Walked in on a happy moment! Let's start this party!"

I chuckled. He always wanted to "have a party" when it only ended up being popcorn and movies. But I guess that was enough for me.

"Luke, you can pick the movie. Make sure it's something good though."

I walked over to the pile of movies and then decided that we should just watch Netflix.

"How about Netflix?" I didn't even wait for an answer as I started to set it up.

"I have popcorn and chips and there's pop in the fridge. Oh and Luke, I invited Michael and his girlfriend if that's okay. They should be here in two minutes." Calum grinned.

I haven't seen Michael in forever, and I mean forever, so it would be good to see him. Wait. Does he know about me?

"Calum? Does he, you know, know about me?" I asked in a quieter tone, suddenly concerned.

"Uh, of course he does. I filled him in on everything and it's all cool. You don't have to worry about anything." He reassured.

"Uh, okay. Thanks I guess." I wish he would've told me first before blabbing to someone that I "came back from being supposedly dead".

"Who's Michael?" Collins asked.

"Oh right! You've never met him yet. He's one of my friends, he's pretty chill. You don't have to worry about him not liking you or anything." I answered.

As if on cue, Michael walked in with Aimee, his girlfriend.

"Hey Calum!" Michael walked over to him hitting his back. Then he looked over to me.

"So look who came out of the shadows! Haven't seen you in a long time, mate!" Michael walked over, giving me a bro hug.

"And who's this?" He asked, looking over at Collins.

"This is Collins Woodley, my girlfriend." I wrapped my arm around her.

"Well, ex. But they got back together." Calum added. I shot him a glare which earned me him pulling a face.

"Ohh. Well, I'm Michael. Luke's best friend." He introduced himself. "And this is my girlfriend, Aimee. I think you guys will become great friends." Michael beamed.

"Okay, shall we start the movie now, mates?" Calum asked, impatiently.

"Yeah, okay. What movie are we watching?" Michael asked, grabbing a bowl of popcorn for himself and Aimee.

"Uh, how about Mean Girls?" I suggested.

"Yeah, sure!"

I clicked on the movie and headed to the couch, Collins trailing behind me. She snuggled up close to me as I smiled.

She looked up and I knew that she was thinking exactly what I was thinking, how everything was finally perfect.

Or so we thought.

A/N

Ps: really really hoping you can see the emojis I put lol.

SORRY THAT WAS A SHORTER CHAPTER THAN USUAL AND THAT THE UPDATES ARE A LITTLE SLOW AND IRREGULAR. I HAVE COME DOWN WITH A CASE OF WRITER'S BLOCK (😜😉) AND ALSO HAVE BEEN QUITE BUSY LATELY. SO THATS THAT.

ALSO, ABOUT THE BOOK, I AM SORRY BUT I HAD TO PUT THAT "MAKEUP RUNNING DOWN HER FACE" THING BECAUSE I JUST HAD TO! UMM IM ALSO ONLY GONNA PUT FLASHBACKS IN THERE IF THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY SO YEAH.

UMM I DO A LOT OF SHOUTOUTS TO PEOPLE AND FOR READING THEIR BOOKS AND STUFF SO IF YOU WANT A SHOUTOUT, THAN ASK FOR ONE, THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO! SO IF YOU WANT ONE, IM THE GIRL TO ASK.

I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS READ MY AUTHOR'S NOTES AT THE END OF CHAPTERS CUZ IF NOT, YOURE MISSING A LOT OF INFO. SO READ THEM. I KNOW THEY ARE BORING BUT TOO BAD. ITS HOW YOU GET TO KNOW STUFF. YEAH. 😎 KK IM GONNA LEAVE NOW, BYE! ILY!

❤️Vote, Comment, Follow, Read❤️

-Aaliya (ahem, Mrs Hemmings)