Chapter 23 // Last Chapter

A/N OMGGGG ITS THE LAST CHAPTER!! HOPE YOU GUYS READ THAT AUTHORS NOTE BEFORE THIS!

C O L L I N S' P O V

I started to get bored waiting for Luke, and my butt hurt from sitting in the chair, so I got up and walked over to the balcony.

I looked up at the sky and realized how beautiful of a night it really was. The stars were starting to peek out and reveal themselves to the world and it was just perfect.

The night air wasn't as chilly as I thought it'd be, and I felt as though everything was starting to fall into place.

It then occurred to me that Luke was taking a really long time. What if he ditched me? I thought. Then I shook my head. Why do I keep doubting him? I have to really stop doing that. Luke loves me and I love him too, he would never hurt me again, would he? There I go again!

Frustrated with myself, I went to turn around from the balcony to sit back down, but I changed my mind when I heard faint voices.

I walked back, grabbing the handle to keep from falling off when I leaned over the railing.

It was Luke. What was he doing outside? When he said he'd step outside, I didn't think he'd literally step outside of the restaurant.

I watched him walk around and to me it looked like he was looking for something. Or someone.

He suddenly turned left to the side of the building and then he was out of sight.

Without a moment's hesitation, I hurried downstairs to go see what he was doing. But in my journey to Luke, I got stopped.

"Excuse me, m'am? Is everything alright?" The waiter asked me with concern.

"Yes, everything's okay. I'm just going to check on something." I quickly responded. He was blocking my way and I was just praying he'd let me leave.

"Oh okay. You're coming back to finish dinner with Mr Hemmings though, right?" Why did he care?

"Uh, yeah I'm pretty sure. I just need to check on something but we'll be back." I repeated, a little uncomfortable.

With a curt nod he finally moved to the side, allowing me to pass through.

I got to the front doors and pushed them open to see if Luke was still outside. Instead, I found the last thing I thought I'd find.

"Oh Lukey, I accept with all my heart!"

What? "Alison?"

She turned to me with a smirk planted on her face. It was only then I noticed Luke. Except he was kneeling down in front of her.

With the ring.

"Luke?" My breath caught when I spoke his name, making it sound like a squeak.

He quickly glanced at the ring and then to me, then back to the ring, and then me.

"This isn't what you think it is." He said, his eyes growing wider and wider.

"Oh but it is." Alison smiled to me. "Lukey bought me this absolutely gorgeous ring. He said he wants me to be his forever and always. Isn't that sweet of him?" She asked me, one hand on her heart.

"Luke, I-I," Tears started to fill my eyes but I just pushed them away, swallowed them down. "I can't believe you."

He got up from his knees and went to rush over to me.

"I can't believe you'd cheat on me. You said you'd never hurt me again."

"No. Collins trust me. This isn't what it looks like. Please." He reached out to me but I backed away.

"Don't touch me."

"Col," His voice pleaded. I shook my head, unable to control myself.

This time I wasn't strong enough to keep the tears from coming.
He reached out again, but this time I screamed.

"I SAID DON'T TOUCH ME!"

I turned around and ran. I ran down the sidewalk, putting as much distance away from me and them.

"Collins!" Luke's voice screamed out my name. It soon got fainter and fainter as I got further and further away.

So many emotions ran through my head at once. Rage, anger, betrayal, pain. My sneakers pounded hard against the ground with every stride I took.

I found Luke's car that he parked down the street and got in the driver's seat. I searched for the spare key he always kept and found it under the mat. I dug the key in and the engine roared to life.

He doesn't need his car, right? He can get a ride with his new girlfriend, I thought.

I put the car into drive and took off. I felt so vulnerable and emotionally unstable. The last time I drove like this I almost crashed. But I didn't care. All I cared about was getting away from them as far as I could. Even if that meant in a completely different world.

Memories came rushing in and started to shut me down. The memories destroyed me little by little, taking over my body. My mind.

'I still love you Collins, can't you see that?'
Luke's voice rang loud and clear.

'To be honest, some of the feelings I had for you before are still there.'

I'm still in love with Luke Hemmings.

'Please give a warm welcome to our new student, Luke Hemmings.'

'Collins Woodley, will you be my girlfriend?'

Angry tears fell down my face so I brought up my hand to furiously wipe them away. More memories flew by.

When we went to the park. When we kissed in the rain. When we went to the beach. When he told me he'd never go back to Alison.

I didn't know what was real anymore. I didn't know if what Luke said about me was true. That he loved me. All I knew was that I made the worst mistake of my life. I let Luke in again.

My vision started to get blurry. Maybe I drank too much champagne? Maybe this pain was a drug that I kept allowing myself to feel? Maybe I deserved to die, I mean my heart is nothing but ash by now, so what's the point?

I don't know what it was, but something made me lose control of the wheel. For real this time. I heard a second set of tires screech against the concrete but it wasn't enough to stop the hurdling car. The other car drove into Luke's passenger seat and suddenly his car was tumbling through the air.

My body crashed through the driver's door window and the sudden impact sent me flying out to hit the ground. I lay still, shattered glass scattered all around me. I glanced down at my body and the first thing I saw was red.

Red, red, red.

I was losing so much blood and I was losing it fast. I could feel it seeping out of my body and into the streets. I heard the faint sounds of sirens as I started to pass out on the asphalt. Then I remembered something. Something I was thinking about before dinner.

Before I fully lost consciousness, I whispered something only I could hear.

"Surprise number three, I die."

~End of Book 1~

A/N
BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING! I AM THINKING ABOUT MAKING A SEQUEL!

I JUST COULDN'T BEAR TO LEAVE THESE CHARACTERS BEHIND.

SO IF YOU WANT A SEQUEL, THEN VOTE BY COMMENTING BELOW:

- vote for sequel here

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE WHO'S READ BYCB AND FOR ALL MY WONDERFUL SUPPORTERS WHO ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE ABSOLUTELY MADE THIS BOOK POSSIBLE,
ToTheMoon18
bothdirection_26
Punk_Penguins_

SO THANK YOU AGAIN, AND I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THE BOOK!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!!

❤️️Vote, Comment, Follow, Read❤️

-Aaliya (ahem, Mrs Hemmings)