Chapter 9

L U K E

About two hours later, we had finally finished making a plant cell.

"Oh my god that took forever!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I answered.

A moment of silence passed by, no one saying a word.

"Hey, I should probably get ready to go." Collins got her purse and was heading to the door. She looked outside and frowned.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"It's pouring outside. I didn't even hear it raining." She replied.

Suddenly thunder erupted through the sky which immediately turned dark.

"What time is it?" She asked, after jumping at the loud sound.

"It's almost 6." I answered, looking at the time displayed on my phone.

"Oh, really? Gosh my mum was expecting me back at 6." She laughed.

"You could stay here until the storm dies down?" I suggested.

"Sure," She shrugged. Then her eyes got wide. "Oh no."

"What?" I rushed over to her.

"My car's hood isn't up! It's a convertible and I didn't put the hood on, and it's pouring out there!" She went to the door and swung it open.

I watched as she struggled to get to her car. I heard her shriek and the next thing I knew she was on the ground. I rushed out the door to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, helping her up.

"Yeah. It's really slippery out here," She frowned. "Thanks for helping me up."

"No problem."

I smiled, and she smiled back as she got on her tip toes and hugged me.

When we pulled away, the world seemed to have stopped. We stood there looking into each other's eyes. God, I've missed her eyes so much. She leaned in and the next second we were kissing. Her lips had crashed into mine and I kissed her back. Her arms wrapped around my neck as I cupped her face in my hands. The rain poured down on us but we didn't seem to care. We laughed as we pulled away.

"Your car!" I reminded her.

"Oh, right!" She walked towards the car and quickly put on the hood.

I grabbed her hand and ran into the house. We tumbled into the house from the momentum when we practically sprinted in. We fell on the floor and we're basically laughing our heads off.

"Okay, that was..." I started, not knowing what to say.

"Amazing." She finished, smiling.

I smiled back. This was literally the best day of my life.

"Wanna watch a film while we wait for the rain to pass?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure I'd like that." She nodded, blushing.

"Okay. Um, I'll go get popcorn?" I suggested, already walking into the kitchen. I knew she'd say yes, she's a sucker for popcorn.

"Yeah, sure!" She smiled. "I'll set it up?"

"Okay." When I got into the kitchen I punched the air and almost screamed because I was so happy. I quickly made the popcorn, since it only took a few minutes to make, and put it into a large bowl.

As soon as I got out, she had already finished setting up the movie and it was all ready to go. I sat on the couch and she came to sit beside me.

"Popcorn?" I asked, titling the bowl towards her.