Chapter 16

C O L L I N S

A few hours later and it was the evening. I had a closet full of new clothes and still no word on how my sister was doing.

I didn't want to spend the rest of my evening sad and depressed about anything, that was the last thing I wanted.

I trudged downstairs to find the other boys but found no one.

I became aware that the house was eerily quiet and then suddenly the lights went out.

From behind me I felt two familiar hands on my waist and lift me up into the air.

"Luke!" I shrieked, knowing it was him. He laughed.

"Surprise!" I heard Calum yell.

"Luke! What's going on?" I got no reply except for the constant spinning and twirling me in the air.

"Luke, seriously. We don't want what happened this morning to happen again, right?" I asked.

He immediately stopped laughing and put me down slowly until my feet hit the floor.

"Sorry." He answered, frowning. I reached up and pecked his cheek, earning a smile from him.

"So what's the surprise for? What's going on?" I asked them, putting my hand on my hip.

I looked at the two boys, each with huge smiles on their faces.

"We're throwing a huge party and inviting everyone at school for Luke's return." Calum answered.

"Since we didn't really do much, I thought we should at least celebrate it. And the school's not going to know what it's for anyways, they'll just think it's some normal high school party."

"Oh, cool. So are we going to have it here?" I asked.

"Yeah, if you don't mind." Luke smiled.

"When is it gonna be?" I asked, now excited. I haven't been to a party in a long time, so hearing news of a party, thrilled me.

"Uh, we were thinking maybe this Friday? Well, if it's all right with you, since this is kinda your home now too." Calum responded.

"Yeah, I'm cool with it. This is gonna be so cool! And we get to plan everything out?! And we get to prep the food, decorate the house, blast some music-" I ranted on.

"When was the last time you've been to a party?" Luke asked, hiding a smile.

"A while." I admitted.

"Well, let's try to make this the best party ever!" Calum shouted.
...
After our conversation about the party, it was pretty quiet for the rest of the evening. There really wasn't much to do so I decided to do the dishes.

I was washing a couple of plates when Luke walked into the kitchen.

"Hey." I glanced over to him before returning my attention back to the plate in my hands.

"Hey," He walked up to the sink to stand beside me. "You know, you don't have to do the dishes. That's Calum's job."

"And where's Calum?" I smirked.

Luke smiled at me, knowing he lost. "Sleeping."

I smiled.

"Listen Col, I'm sorry about carrying you and spinning you around again earlier. And you know, for Alison. I'm sorry you had to see her again."

I sighed. "It's alright. I really hate her. Why does she have to ruin everything all the time?" I asked, putting the plate on the rack and facing Luke.