Chapter 12

L U K E

I started to panic. Just when things were started to fall into place.

"Calum." I hissed so quietly, only he could hear.

He looked at me and I looked at Collins, who was staring at Alison.
He got the message and went straight away to Collins.

"C'mon love, let's bring you upstairs." He tried to pull Collins away from the couch.

"Who is that?" She asked him in a whisper.

Calum looked up at me and sighed.

"Luke?" She asked me. I didn't say anything, Calum still trying to bring Collins upstairs.

"Who are you?!" Collins demanded at Alison, who ignored her and continued to walk around the house.

Collins attempted to get out of Calum's arms, who was successfully dragging Collins away from the living room and brining her up the stairs.

"Shh. It's okay. Luke'll get rid of her, I promise." I heard Calum say to her in a soft voice.

Once I knew they were out of earshot, I went right up to Alison.

"What are you doing here? We broke up a month ago!"

She smirked at me before answering.
"Aww, hon. Didn't you forget? You broke with me. I didn't break with you because I'm still with you." She replied. It didn't really make sense, but I guess it did to her.

"Get out!"

"Why?" She asked innocently. "We should go out. I haven't talked to you in forever!" She gushed, walking closer to me, reaching up to touch my face.

"That's because I was avoiding you." I said in disgust, while slapping her hand away.

She frowned, but I knew she wouldn't give up. She never does until she gets what she wants. I think that's the only thing we both have in common.

"Yeah, and now I forgive you. I'm here to give you another chance." She smiled.

"I don't want another chance though. I've already moved on. I'm with someone else now. I suggest you do the same and forget about me, like I did to you." I finished, pleased with my answer.

She rolled her eyes at the mention of me having someone else. "You're really dumb, you know that?"

Yeah, says you, I thought to myself.

"But don't worry! I know you need some time to think about it. And I know deep your heart, you want me back." She still didn't get it.

She opened the door to leave, blowing a kiss my way.

"I'll be back soon sweetie, don't worry!" She closed the door behind her, finally leaving me in peace. Until Collins came downstairs.

"Who was that? Why'd I have to leave the room?" She searched my eyes, trying to find the answers hidden behind them.

"That was Alison Winters." She raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"My ex girlfriend."

C O L L I N S

Wait. He had had an ex? I thought I was his ex?

"I thought I was your ex?" I asked.

"Yeah, well I guess you're not the only one who had moved on." He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, what did she want?" I wanted to know why she had come barging into me and Luke's "just getting back together" moment.

"She wanted me to take her back. See, she was really demanding and bossy all the time and I somehow managed, but I soon got tired of it so I broke up with her." He shrugged like it was nothing.