Chapter 20

A L I S O N

I got a text from Calum telling me to meet him at his house. He told me that Luke and Collins were out for the day so that left me to continue my sabotaging.

I walked up to the door and knocked, my knuckle meeting wood nonstop. I was getting quite impatient and had begun ringing the doorbell, until the door finally opened.

I looked at Calum, who had answered the door, his hair dripping with water and his body covered in only a towel.

"Sorry, just got out of the shower." He scratched his head. "Come in."

I entered the house, pulling my purse closer to my body.

"Nice place." I commented smugly, taking in the view of the messy living room.

It's not like I wasn't here before, though. But last time I was here I don't think it was this messy. Then again, it was pitch black so I could hardly see a thing.

"Yeah, sorry. I was gonna clean up but as you can see, I haven't gotten to that yet." He replied.

I saw him from the corner of my eye kicking aside some clothes to the corner of the room.

"Yeah, I can see." I muttered under my breath, smirking.

Calum suddenly rushed up to me, scaring me a bit, and went to kiss my cheek. I let him, laughing uncomfortably and then slightly pushed him away.

His smile faltered for a second, but then regained itself just as quickly.

"I gotta go dry up. You can sit right over there." He pointed to the couch that was covered in newspapers.

"Just push those aside. I'll be back right away!" He took off upstairs, leaving me in the junkyard.

I sighed and pushed the newspapers off the couch and sat down. I took out my purse but put it back when I saw Calum peek his head out by the top of the stairs.

"Do you need anything? Coffee? Tea? Water? Sorry I'm such a bad host." He offered.

"No, I'm fine right now. Thanks." I smiled, then giving him a little wave, he went back into the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes. Just looking at him,
I could tell that he was going to be a while and he'd come back out in a way he'll look "presentable" enough.

I pulled out my purse and looked inside, making sure the item was still in there. It was.

I got up and made my way casually up the stairs. I reached Luke's room and rummaged around a bit, looking for the box I saw last time I was here.

I opened up his closet and found it shoved in the back and grabbed it.
I placed the promise ring gingerly in the small box and brought it downstairs with me. I tucked in a small note in the box with it, written in the best "Luke writing" I could possibly make it.

Promise me you'll be mine, forever and always for the rest of our lives.

-Luke, xx

It was short and simple, but that's how guys normally write, right? Girls are the ones who elaborate more on feelings in these little promise ring notes.

I opened the hall closet and popped the small box into Luke's jacket, right where Collins was sure to find it. This will teach her to not mess with MY boyfriend, no matter how blind he is right now.

Smiling with success I closed the door and skipped over to the couch. As if on cue, Calum came out of the bathroom looking as perfect as ever.

"So how's your day been so far?" He asked me with a smile, coming to sit next to me.