Chapter 15

C O L L I N S

It seemed to have become a habit, falling asleep in Luke's arms on the couch.

I woke up slightly confused about what happened last night, and then remembering. Michael was there with his girlfriend Aimee, who instantly became my best friend.

We talked a bit during the movie and it was like we just clicked. I hoped to see her more, as I feel kinda bad for falling asleep on them and not saying goodbye.

I got up sleepily from Luke's grasp, rubbing my eye. I made my way to what I thought was the bathroom, but when I opened the door, I found it was actually a bedroom.

Michael turned around, holding Aimee in his arms.

"Oh, hey Collins." His cheeks instantly flushed a deep red.

"Uh, sorry for uh...interrupting? Go back to, whatever you were doing." I said awkwardly, quickly closed the door and feeling my cheeks heat up.

I made my way down the hall and finally found the bathroom.

I had put my toiletries in here when I first got here, so I scrummaged through my bag to get what I needed.

I freshened up as fast as I could, fixing my hair and makeup. I put a little bit of mascara on, but not that much. I didn't want to have that Barbie doll look.

As soon as I got out of the bathroom, I bumped into Michael in the hall.

"Sorry you had to see that Collins. Just thought you should know." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Uh, it's okay." I replied, awkwardly.

He nodded before passing me and entering the bathroom.

I made my way down the stairs, searching for Luke.

"Luke? Where are you?" I walked into the kitchen and suddenly felt myself being lifted up.

"Good morning!" Luke spun me around, his hands securely holding my waist.

I screamed, afraid he was going to drop me even though I knew he wouldn't.

"Luke! Stop!" I giggled. "You're going to drop me!"

He laughed, spinning me faster and lifting me higher. I suddenly felt really dizzy and I couldn't breathe.

"Luke." I said more faintly.

He realized something was wrong right away and put me down. I swayed back and forth slowly, the world seemed to be fading away around me.

"Collins? Collins what's wrong?" Luke's voice became more distant as the world slowly turned dark.

"Guys, help!" That was the last thing I heard before my eyes closed shut.
...
I woke up to four faces peering down at me. I smiled at Luke who was looking at me worriedly. I looked around the room, taking in my surroundings. I was lying on the couch again with a blanket covering my body.

"Collins, are you okay?" Calum asked.

"Collins, what happened?" Luke looked at me, a frightened expression on his face.

"That hasn't happened to me in such a long time." I recalled.

"What?"

"Well, I fainted. That used to happen to me a lot and it hasn't in a while. I figured it stopped but I guess not." I shrugged.

"Well that scared the hell out of us! It scared me. I thought I had caused it." Luke whispered.

I reached out to him and hugged him.
"I'm sorry for scaring you." I whispered in his ear.