Chapter 12

Vanitas purchased this ice cream called "sea-salt ice cream". I wasn't quite sure what it was, it just looked like a blueberry Popsicle or something. As we ate the ice cream, he took me around town and showed me around. It was called "Twilight Town." I wasn't aware of Vanitas ever being here before, but he obviously has been, considering how much he knew about the town.

"And the funny thing is..." Vanitas rambled on as we walked. "See that hole over there?" I followed his gaze and my eyes fell upon a hole in a gray wall. I nodded my head and he continued. "In that hole are some woods, and beyond those woods is a mansion. Now inside that mansion in a secret place. Remember that pod I was sleeping in? That's where the pod is. That's where you met Naminé. I'd advise you to never go back though in case the Organization is lurking around."

We walked passed and continued onward. Vanitas kept rambling on and on. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to distract me from what was going on in Radiant Garden. Let me say that it was working. When I did think about it, he kept rambling on and I instantly forgot about it again. We had plenty of good laughs, and by the time the sun was setting, I was familiar with the layout of the town. We had finished our ice creams by then and Vanitas had taken me to the front of a large clock tower.

Vanitas looked up at this clock tower and sighed with a small smile. "It's been a long day, hasn't it? Did you enjoy it?"

I nodded and placed my hands behind my back. "I did. It was a lot of fun to spend this time with you." I gave him a warm and sincere smile. I turned my back to him and looked at the sunset as it glistened. "I didn't realize how beautiful the sunset was here... I feel at home."

"The sunset is beautiful." I heard Vanitas' foot steps as they walked toward me. I didn't bother turning around since I was still admiring the sun. "But of course, it's not as beautiful as your smile."

My eyes widened as I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist. Vanitas whipped me around and never let me go, his yellow eyes stared into mine as the Rays of the sun made them twinkle like stars. "Today was the best day of my life, and it was only because of you." I stared at him in shock. No words could really express how embarrassed, but flattered I was by his comments. His eyes kept staring gently at me while his muscular arms kept a tight grip of my waist. My snickered and brought me closer to him. "You're awfully thin." He said as his face came closer.

I didn't fight or argue. I closed my eyes and let his lips press up against mine. My whole body stiffened, but that didn't stop me from kissing him back with no more hesitation. I felt happy and content in his arms. I liked it. His soft lips and his strong arms were my only concern. I never wanted to leave.

But I guess I had no other choice. All of the sudden, someone's voice caught our attention, and Vanitas quickly tore away from me to glare at whoever was interrupting our special moment.

"Aweeee how cute! I ship it!"

Vanitas instantly stood in front of me as some boy, probably a few years older than me, walked over to us. He has black hair and eyes, with pale skin. He wore a white button-down shirt with a black sweater. His black pants matched his black shoes while chains hung from the back of his pants. I barely noticed the piercings on his ear. He had a smirk plastered on his face with a hand on his hip.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" Vanitas said through clenched teeth.

"I wanted to see the pretty lady." Was this young mans answer. "She's cute."

I saw Vanitas stiffen with anger. "Well back the fuck off. She's mine, or can't you tell?"

With all the cursing, I knew Vanitas was pissed off. I looked at the back of his head with a worried expression, hoping he wouldn't try to attack the boy.

But all of the sudden, a small puff of smoke formed around the boy. He vanished into thin air. I blinked in confusion until I felt someone's hands grab my shoulders. I yelled in surprise and just as Vanitas turned around, smoke blurred my vision. I felt myself being carried only a few feet away when the smoke vanished. The boy had carried me away from Vanitas and I was now trapped in his clutches.

I tried to get away but the boys grip on my shoulders tightened. He eventually wrapped one arm around my waist while the other went over my mouth to keep me from screaming and attracting attention. Vanitas whipped around. Fury was filling his eyes as he glared at the obnoxious boy. "What are you doing?!" Vanitas spat.

The boy gently stroked my hair, his face appearing close and next to mine. "She's very cute." He commented. I felt his hot breathe hit my cheek as he spoke. "I wanna keep her for myself. Can I borrow her? You wouldn't mind would you?"

Vanitas suddenly started running toward the boy, taking out his sword while he was at it. But he skidded to a halt when the boy took out a knife and pressed it closely to my neck. I winced and didn't dare to move while Vanitas copied me.

"Now that I have your corporation..." The boy snickered. "I just wanted to borrow her for a while that's all. She's cute, and I wanted to show off to my friends that I can get a cute girlfriend."

"She's. Mine." Vanitas clenched his fists together and they shook with anger. "I'll fight you for her."

My eyes went wide as the boy began to talk. "Oh really? You want her that badly?" He chuckled evilly as more smoke appeared in my face. I coughed and spluttered until the smoke was gone. To my horror, I was suddenly dangling from the top of a large building.. The clock tower. I screamed and kicked, but when I realized the only thing keep me alive was the boy holding me by the back of my shirt, I stopped and looked down.

Vanitas looked up at me, his mouth hanging opened. I heard him yell up to us "Let her go!" As he shook his fist.

"If you say so." The boy said mischievously.

Oh no...

The grip of his hand on my shirt loosened, and I felt myself plunging downward. I fell off the clock tower, and I was now falling to my death.