Chapter 18

My eyes went wide and I pushed through Vanitas' arms to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

"Roxas?"

"Zara stay away from that bastard!"

Vanitas pulled me back into his arms, shielding me from Roxas' eyes as they stared at me. Roxas didn't take his eyes off of me while Xehanort muttered curses before suddenly disappearing into a portal without saying another word. Did Roxas hurt him that badly? Or was this another one of Roxas' tricks?

Roxas only took a step toward me and Vanitas summoned his sword and pointed at him with no hesitation. Roxas frowned and his sword vanished, he then held up his hands showing that he wasn't going to attack. "I come in peace..." Roxas said flatly. He seemed... Emotionless and dead.

Neither of us were sure to trust him, and Zoro wasn't even sure what was going on. Roxas pleaded me with his eyes and said "Look they were just using me I-I didn't know anything about-"

He was interrupted when all of the sudden the area began to shake violently, knocking Roxas down to the ground mid-sentence. Vanitas held me tight so I wouldn't fall while Zoro held a proper stance. "What the fuck?!" My brother cursed, looking upwards.

There was the old bastard; standing on top of the rocks and laughing. He was making the rocks crumble so we would either fall to our death, or get crushed by the rocks. Vanitas screamed and picked me up before carrying me a few feet just before a large rock came crashing down onto the spot we were just standing. Vanitas clenches his teeth in anger, putting me down and summoning his sword. "Im not letting him go on any further! Zoro take care of her."

Vanitas shoved me toward Zoro, who caught me with ease. I watched with fear as Vanitas suddenly started running towards Xehanort, jumping on top of the falling rocks and using them as boosts to hoist himself up so he could attack Xehanort. Vanitas came to hit him but Xehanort took out his own sword and blocked Vanitas' attack. He laughed again while the two started fighting.

"Im going to prove myself!" I heard Roxas yell. Roxas did the same thing Vanitas did and jumped from rock to rock. I tried to yell for him to come back, but Roxas ignored my cries.

"Look we need to either leave or get help!" Zoro insisted. He picked me up in his arms. "There's no time. Im sure the two of them can hold that guy off for a while."

I pouted and crossed my arms as Zoro started running away from the scene. I looked back at the falling rocks and yelling of the three men that we're currently fighting. It wasn't long before we were away from the commotion and headed back to the house, where some people were waiting.

Leon was up and about with Axel and Riku by his side. When the three men saw Zoro carrying me towards them, Leon instantly ran towards me. "Put her down!"

"It's alright!" I called to him when he was ready to snatch me away from my brothers arms. "I'll have to explain later. Right now Leon we really need help."

Leon raised his eyebrow as Zoro let me stand on my own two feet again. I told him what had happened and what was going on. Leon took no time to hesitate as he got out his large gunblade. "Axel, Riku, we're going. Make sure the others stay inside." Leon seemed to be glaring at the ground while Axel ran inside. "If Xehanort is truly the one who killed Ventus, then I won't mind killing him myself."

"Leon..."

"Let's go!" Leon snapped. I jumped in surprise as he suddenly started running back the way I came. Zoro and I exchanged glances, then without more hesitation, we ran after Leon with Axel and Riku trailing behind us.

Leon managed to get way ahead of me since I couldn't run as fast as him. Im sure Zoro could have ran faster but he decided to stick beside me in case something happened. Axel and Riku also managed to get ahead but not by much.