Chapter 11

Let's Make a Deal

"Empty."

Alicia lowered her telescope. Her face was adorned with a deep frown as she stared out to the damned island.

"Your words were true, Jack. She's not there," she hissed. She clutched onto the telescope and Jack could see a small dent forming from her grip. He gently pulled the telescope away from her iron hands.

"I bloody hate this island," Alicia muttered before turning away.

"Smee!"

Mr. Smee scrambled to reach the captain. He stumbled over his feet as he approached her.

"Prepare the rowboats."

Alicia and Jack sat back as some of the crew rowed them onto the sandy shores of Sea Turtle Island. Jumping out of the boat, her leather boots hit the water as she glanced around. With a hand on her sword, she was on full alert. A small breeze chilled at her skin but besides the bumps, she was absolutely still as she listened to the soft waves and the wind. She knew Angelica was nowhere near.

"A bloody waste of time," she hissed angrily. She threw her sword down in frustration and wanted to stomp her foot. She sat down and stared at the laces of her boots.

"Where else could she have gone?" Alicia muttered.

"I can help you if you want."

Alicia immediately grabbed her sword and aimed it towards Captain Barbossa, who stood there with a gun and a smirk plastered on his face. The gun was aimed at Jack who had his hands up in defense.

"If you shoot him, I will make your death so slow and painful, Davy Jones will be jealous he didn't think of it first,"
Alicia growled. Barbossa snickered. He lowered the gun so Alicia lowered her sword. Jack lowered his hands.

"I'm not going to make a deal with you. How you got here and however you knew we were here, it is none of my interest. Leave me alone or parish," she threatened.

"You could have swayed me otherwise, Captain Knights if you had only made a deal with me. But now, my employer insists I do the job I be hired to do."

Alicia frowned and glanced at Jack, who looked just as confused as she did.

"Employer?"

"Let's make a deal, Knights!" Barbossa announced. Alicia huffed.

"I hate deals."

"You'll like this one. I'll let Sparrow and your crew live if you come with me, no struggle. Simple as that."

She glanced at some of her crew and Jack. In reality, she probably could kill Barbossa and be done with it.

But a small part of Alicia wanted to play his game. Someone had asked for her specifically, and she needed to know who so she could end them as well.

She turned to Hector with her hand out extended.

"You have yourself a deal, Barbossa."

Nothing but darkness overcame her in an instant.

~

When Alicia became conscious again, her body jerked around to find some sand scratching at her bare skin. She was on another beach but she was certain it was not Sea Turtle Island. The sky was dark, the waves weren't even moving, and if Alicia turned around she could see an intimidating jungle waiting to devour her. Invisible binds tightened around her body and she could feel it surging into her skin. Trying her hardest not to move too much, she stood to her feet.

"Where the hell has Barbossa bought me to?" She muttered to herself. She saw no sign of the deviled pirate, just a treacherous ocean and an intimidating jungle. She was surrounded by death from both sides. She debated whether she could break the binds with her in-training magic or if the powers of the necklace would soon kick in. Either way, she knew she couldn't stay restrained.

Alicia began to wiggle her body. She grunted as she felt the binds burning through her clothes. Using all the power she had left, Ali broke the magical bonds and fell to the floor, weak and exhausted. She groaned loudly as she curled up into a small ball and tried her best to ease the pain that the magic left behind. She knew she had used up all her magical energy breaking the bonds, and now she couldn't heal the burns that marked her body. Turning onto her back, she tried to open her eyes to stare up at the many stars that scattered the night sky but alas she couldn't. Her eyes were glued together, pleading to stay that way as sleep threatened to take over once again.

"You're conscious."

Alicia couldn't even lift her head when she heard a strange voice. It sounded oddly familiar to her. She could only groan some more as she felt her body being lifted up. She felt her sword slip from her belt, lost to the beach forever.

The boy didn't speak to her at all. She hadn't a clue where he was taking her and she didn't question it either. She was worn out.

She wanted to fight. She wanted to scream, kick, and demanded to know where she was but she simply couldn't.

And it frustrated her to no end.

Eventually, her conscious gave out again and Alicia truly slipped away to sleep. Her body limped even more and Felix the Lost Boy could tell she was out like a lamp. Continuing his journey through the jungle, he followed the path back to camp. Once there, the rest of the Lost Boys whispered about the girl they had all been told to stay away from.

Felix ignored them and went straight to the biggest tent in the middle of the camp. The leader of the camp stepped out of the rent and smirked when he saw the body his first mate carried.

"Barbossa put up his part of the deal. Brilliant. I was afraid we were going to have to get our own hands dirty just to get to her," Peter Pan said and Felix gestured to Alicia.

"What do I do with her?"

"Put her in a cage. Let's see what she does when she wakes again."

Felix nodded and turned on his heel, heading to a more isolated part of the camp where plenty of cages were.

Peter smirked victoriously as he could already feel his island growing stronger with another magical presence there.

"Gather round, boys! A new game is about to begin."

*unedited*