Chapter 26

Wonderland

Alicia and Peter landed on a yellow brick path. Alicia was beyond joyful they had stopped flying.

Flying just wasn't for her. Her stomach churned with uneasiness and all she wanted was to throw her insides out.

Her face turned an unnatural shade of green before she ran to the nearest bush and puked. As she emptied her insides, Pan scrunched his nose before approaching her. With a delicate hand, he gathered the princess's hair and held it back as she continued to barf.

When she finally finished, Alicia groaned loudly. With magic, Peter handed her a clean small towel to clean herself off. Alicia frowned when she looked down at her now damp clothes.

"I smell like puke," she whined. Peter stood back and looked her over. Quickly again with magic, he gave her a new set of clean clothes. Dressing her in typical common folk clothing, she now wore a peasant dress and a hooded cloaked. Her feet were in nice tied boots and she admired her pretty green dress.

"Thank you for the dress. Although, blue is more my color," she commented. Peter chuckled before handing her a woven basket. Ali peeked into the basket to find some food and treats.

She happily pulled out an apple and began to eat it. Peter threw on his own hood and grabbed Alicia's hand. Without a warning or reason, he took off the cuff that had been blocking Alicia's magical flow. Ali's eyes widened as Pan tossed the cuff into the basket. She continued to stare at Pan but all he did was avoid her eyes.

"Try anything funny and we turn around and go straight back home," he threatened. Alicia nodded and Pan slipped his hand into hers.

"Come on, we should get moving," he said with a small tug. They walked down the path, Peter still holding onto Ali.

Now Alicia had heard plenty of Wonderland. Books always wrote about Wonderland being an usual and strange place. And it was proven very quickly when the two came upon a huge mushroom. On top, a green and purple caterpillar sat on it. He smoked a red hooka pipe and lazily lounged. His eyes finally caught sight of the two strangers and he sat upright. He blew out smoke towards them, making smoke rings in the process. Alicia coughed.

"Who... Are... You?" With every word he said, a ring of smoke hit Alicia and Peter's faces. Alicia continued to cough and Peter yanked the princess away from the smoke. With a sour scoff, Peter pulled Alicia along the brick road.

"I hate Wonderland," he mumbled as the two ignored the creature and headed towards the shiny glooming castle in the distance.

Alicia wondered who they were going to meet.

~

"Are we there yet?" She complained for the fifth time. Alicia was beginning to grow tired and all she really wanted was to sit and sleep forever. Pan was prepared and grabbed some candy out of the basket he had provided her with.

"Eat this," he commanded and shoved it into her hands. Alicia groaned and shook her head.

"I don't want it."

Peter rolled his eyes and huffed. He was growing tired of her complaints. Her whines lagged her behind and she kept dragging her feet. Peter stopped and sharply turned around causing Ali to smack straight onto him. She squeaked and her nose accidentally scrunched upon his chest. She looked up to meet his eyes and Ali found Peter glaring down at her.

"Alicia Knights, I would appreciate it if you would shut your trap for at least twenty seconds!" Pan snapped. Alicia stuck her tongue out at him but remained silent for the rest of the walk.