Part Seventeen

We walked around the square just to see all the musicians and people selling things. There were so many booths and a stage (which was not currently occupied) and food. It was so packed. It was just like everyone described it. There were games and a petting zoo. I felt like a child wanting to try out everything but I controlled myself. An old man in a cowboy hat got on the stage. "And now, we have our own local rock band, Twisted Age, with their original song, Opposite Day!" People started to clap and whistle. This must be a popular band. I thought of Jack and his band. Where would he be right now?
I looked up and I got my answer. He was on stage with Brandon, singing Opposite Day in his band called Twisted Age. What a small world. "They're good, aren't they?" Jen nudged me. I nodded and smiled. "They come every year and everyone loves them." She added. I nodded, staring at Jack. He looked over at me and winked. Just like he did last night. "Can we watch them?" I asked her. She nodded. We found an open chair by the stage but I let her take it because she was pregnant. I stood.
They finished the song. "Thank you everybody, we will be back on shortly, we just have some technical difficulties." He winked at the crowd and set his guitar down. He hopped off the stage and walked over to me. "Hello, Alice." He said in a dragging tone. "Hello, Jack." I said in the same tone as he did. He laughed a little. "So, who are you here with?" He asked. "Just a friend." I told him and looked at Jennifer who'd been watching the whole time. "Hi, I'm Jennifer. Alice's friend." She got up and stuck out her hand. "Nice to meet you Jennifer, I'm Jack, Alice's.. other friend." He said and shook her hand. "I love your band by the way." She said and smiled. "Thank you, ma'am." He said and smiled back. "You know what Alice, I have some friends over there that I'm gonna go talk to, why don't you and Jack walk around for a bit?" She asked and winked at me. I nodded. "Thank you." I told her and she smiled and walked off.
"What do you wanna do first?" He asked me. "Don't you have to go on stage?" I asked him. "Nah, they can go on without me. Brandon actually has skills." He said. "So, was that... Boston's fiance?" He said, trying to remember. I nodded. "She seems nice." He said. I nodded and we walked in silence for a while. "Do you want to go somewhere fun?" He asked finally. I must've looked at him funny because he gave a quick explanation. "It's not far from here but it's not so crowded." He said and smiled his crooked smile. I nodded and he lead me out of the crowd.