Part Twenty One

I was in a dark room tied to a chair with no gag in my mouth. Jack was standing next to me, singing lightly. I couldn't tell what it was. I tried to make noise but the noises wouldn't come out. Jennifer walked over to Jack and started singing along. It was all muffled. I was confused as to why they were singing and not helping me. Boston and Jackie showed up and started to sing along. None of them looking at me. All faced forward. Then, Uncle Will appeared. Laughing maniacally at me while the rest are calm and singing. He grabs the ropes on the chair and pulls them hard until I feel my skin go numb. I didn't want to be here. I started to cry. How could they not help me and just stand by? One said something funny and the rest laughed. Chris showed up with Uncle Will and together, they tightened the ropes until I was out of breath. Still without a sound. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. Give up Alice, they can't hear you. A voice said. No one's voice in particular. Give up Alice. Give up. Give up. The voice chanted over and over. Then Uncle Will and Chris chanted along. Give it up, Alice. They can't hear you. Jackie, Boston, Jennifer and Jack laughed harder. I longed to be with them instead of tortured here. I tried to scream. They laughed harder. Give up, Alice. Give up. It wouldn't stop. We can't hear you Alice. The group said and turned to me. They were all surrounding me. I could see each face with a smile. Strange smiles. Give up, Alice. We can't hear you. I felt a tug on the ropes. Everyone had a piece and tugged a little harder. Give up, Alice. We can't hear you. I finally let out a scream and they were gone.
I sat up in the bed, sweating hard. It was only a dream. Boston came rushing into my room with a bat. "You okay, Alice." He asked. "Just a nightmare." I told him. He nodded and sat on the edge of the bed. "My mom used to tell me that nightmares are just things that want to reach you but can't. Nightmares can only hurt you if you let them be real enough to hurt you." He told me. I hugged him. I was so glad he was himself and not some drone that couldn't hear me. "What time is it?" I asked him. "Its about 4am. You should get some sleep." He said, getting up. "Okay. Well, thank you, Boston." I said as he left. "Goodnight, Alice." He said and walked out. I laid back down and fell back asleep.