Part Eleven

I sat and told him almost everything from my parents to Boston to just a few seconds ago. But not about Uncle Will when he's drunk. I left part that out. He nodded and just listened. "Hmm, well, you've been through hell, huh?" He asked. I haven't really thought about how bad my life was, just how to get away. He leaned to Brandon and whispered something. Brandon nodded. "Alright, Alice. What time do you leave?" He asked. "Midnight." I told him. "We have time." Brandon said. "Alice, I wanna show you something if you're okay with it." Jack told me. I nodded. "Great, we're going on a little field trip first." He said. "Tom, can you tell Chris we're gonna be right back?" He asked Tom. Tom nodded. I stood up and put the towel in the van. "Ready?" Jack asked me. I nodded. He grabbed my hand and lead toward the house. I saw Jackie and Chemistry guy by the punch table. "Hold on, I have to do something real quick." I told jack and walked over to her. "Alice! Where have you been?" She asked smiling. "I'm gonna be right back. I just have to go somewhere real quick." I told her. She nodded. "Why are you soaking wet?" She asked. "Fell into the pool. If Chris asks, tell him I left." I told her. She nodded suspiciously. I grabbed some punch and headed towards Jack and Brandon. He lead me out of the house and down the street. "Its not too much further." Brandon assured me. I'd never been on this side of town. So many nice houses. We stopped in the middle of two. "We turn here." He said. We walked in between the houses into the woods. There was a clear night sky with a bright full moon. Then there was a sign. It said, JUNK across it. A junkyard? What? There were piles of old car parts and junk everywhere. A little shack in the middle of it all. It kinda looked like a garage. "Home sweet home, Huh?" Jack said. They lived here? I was getting more and more confused. We went in. Brandon turned on the lights. It was pretty much empty except for the mini fridge, bunk bed, and the two bean bag chairs with holes all in them. "Brandon! Brandon, I saw you go in there!" A female voice said from outside. "Shit, it's Claire." Jack said, looking out the window. "Maybe she'll go away if I don't say anything." Brandon said. "BRANDON PRITCHARD, I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" She yelled. "Good luck, man." Jack pat him on the back. Brandon shrugged and went out there. "Sit if you'd like." Jack told me. I sat on one of the bean bags. "Do you want something to drink?" He asked. I nodded and he handed me a Pepsi. He sat on the bean bag next to me. I couldn't help but feel guilty about complaining about my life when they live in a dump. Literally. No parents or anything. Where were their parents, anyway?