Part Thirteen

I woke up to a dog licking my face. "Roscoe, let her sleep." Jack said. Then I remembered where I was. I sat up. Jack was scratching a dog and sitting on a bean bag chair. Brandon was sitting on the other one. A girl was in there with them. She looked familiar. "Claire, this is Alice." Jack said. I was confused. Why was she in here? Not that I had anything against her but I thought Brandon was done with her. "Hi." She said from where she was. "Hi." I said back. "What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. "11:30, we should get going." Jack said and got up. "You coming?" He asked Brandon. "Nah, I'm gonna stay here." He said. Jack shrugged. I stood up. "Okay, we're leaving." Jack said. "Alright, nice to meet you, Alice." Brandon said. "You too, and Claire." I said and we left. "So, what was up? Why was Claire in there? I thought she tried to cheat on Brandon." I said. "She did but he's stupid for taking her back." Jack said. We walked in silence for a while. "So, some night, huh?" He finally said. I nodded. My hair was starting to dry. "You know, you don't have to be a stranger. You're staying for the whole weekend, right?" He asked. I nodded. "Come over, you know where we are." He said. I smiled. "That would be fun." I said. We got to Chris's house. We went inside then to the backyard. I saw Jackie sitting against the wall with Chemistry guy and Janice. I walked over to them and they stood up. "Hey, Alice." She said. "Hey, this is my friend, Jack and Jack, this is my friend, Jackie." I said. "That's cool. We have the same name, huh?" He said. "I guess it is." She said. "Alice, this is Patrick from Chemistry class." She said. We waved to each other. Jackie's phone started ringing. "Hello?" She answered it. I looked at Jack. "I guess that means I have to go." I told him. He hugged me. "Bye, Jack." I said. "Not bye, see you later." He said and smiled. I smiled back. "See you later." I said and he left. "My mom's out front." Jackie said. "Okay." I said and we said bye to Patrick and Janice. We walked to the front and got in her mom's car. "So, how was the party?" Jackie's mom asked as we got in. "It was so fun!" Jackie said. "What about you, Alice?" She asked. "It was really fun." I told her but she wouldn't even know the half of it.