Part Nine

Me and Chris danced so flawlessly. It was like we floated on a cloud. The song ended and he said, "I'll be right back." I nodded and he walked off. I lost track of Jackie. I looked around. She was talking to some guy that was in our Chemistry class. I watched the band play for a few songs. I admired the way they played. While they were in the middle of an original song, the lead guitarist winked at me. I pretended that it didn't happen. I checked my watch. It was 9 already. "We will be right back. We just need a little break." The lead guitarist said. They walked offstage. I caught Janice. "Hey, do you know where the bathroom is?" I asked her. "When you get inside, it's the second door to the right." She said. I nodded. I opened the door and went inside. I walked down the hallway. The door to what I'm guessing was Chris's room was open. I looked inside. He was with a group of friends but they didn't even notice me. I backed up. "I saw you and Alice dancing. Why did you invite her? You said said yourself dude that she's just trailer trash." One of his friends asked. The rest of them laughed. "Because, its the only way I can get to her hot friend, Jackie. Do you seriously think that I would be with a redneck like Alice?" He said. "Nice one, bro." One of his buddies said and high fived him. "No one tells Alice though or else it could hurt my chances with Jackie." He said. I couldn't believe what I heard. I stepped to the doorway. He saw me. "How long have you been standing there?" He asked me. "Long enough." I said and ran outside. I started to cry. I ran to the punch table. I poured my self some and drank it. I saw Chris come outside. "Alice!" He called out. I hid behind a group of people and looked for Jackie. She was dancing with the Chemistry guy. I was walking towards her when someone bumped me into the pool. I swam to the edge and tried to get out.