Chapter 36

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 36
Quinn's POV

I heard someone clear their throat. I snapped my head over in the direction it came from. I saw Andrea staring blankly ahead. All of the sudden, the metal doors were flung open. Milton was thrown to the ground and behind him stood the Governor.

"See, she's still alive," the Governor informed. "I'm gonna need her for something."

"I heard you in the other room," Andrea notified, although I didn't hear a thing. "You don't have to lose any more of your men. Just stop this."

"Your friends at the prison," he started as he glanced at me, "I'm gonna kill 'em all. I had to stretch the truth a little, but just a little. Now they're foamin' at the mouth."

"No, I think that's you," I spat.

"You, get those tools," the Governor said to Milton. "I'm not gonna need 'em anymore. Go on."

Milton shuffled over to the bench. He accidentally tipped the tin over onto the floor.

"Careful, pick that up," the Governor ordered. "C'mon, step to it."

Milton gathered the tools and started to walk out the door. Milton stopped short as the Governor took out a tool. He shoved him against the wall and I could hear his unsteady breathing. He held the tool to Milton's chest.

"You're gonna kill them now."

Milton shook his head ever so slightly.

"You're gonna show me that you've learned something," he urged. "Milton, there is no way you're leaving this room without doing it. So don't make it hard, just do it."

Milton grabbed the handle of the knife and slowly walked towards us. He spun around and went for the Governor, but failed as he grabbed the knife out of his hand. He plunged it into Milton's stomach.

"Oh my God!" Andrea yelled.

I tensed under the tight handcuffs. I glanced down and saw they were drawing blood from my bare skin. The Governor shoved Milton against the wall and he repeatedly pushed the knife into him. Milton choked on his blood as he stared wide eyed at the far wall.

"I told you you were gonna do it," the Governor whispered. "I told you. And now you're gonna die, you're gonna turn, and you're gonna tear the flesh from their bones."

He ripped the knife out and Milton slid to the ground, holding his stomach.

"That's life now," he said as he grabbed the knife. "You kill or you die, or you die and you kill."

With that, he slammed the door shut. I looked at Andrea, chills stinging my spine as each moment passed.

Andrea spoke quietly: "He's preparing for war."

I slammed my foot against the ground in anger. "We have to get out of here and as soon as we do, I'm gonna kill him first."

"He's got the whole town geared up."

"We can do it," I said. "We'll find our way out of here and back to the prison. I'm telling you right now, though, if anyone back at that prison gets hurt, I will make sure his death is very slow and very painful," I said, anger rising in my voice.

"If we make it out of here alive," Andrea reminded.

"How can you think like that?" I asked. "If he's going to the prison, I am, too. Not even a walker can stop me." I glanced at Milton who was still leaned against the wall.