11

aiden

Turns out, Matias sucked at group work.

Aiden hadn't noticed this before since he usually sat infront of the male, but Matias had a short attention span.

He would answer a question or two on his answer sheet before zoning out and forgetting about the work altogether.

He was also very fidgety, Aiden noted as he eyed the way Matias switched between tapping his fingers against the table and twirling his pen between those same fingers.

"Quit staring at me" Matias mumbled, slowly turning to look at Aiden.

The male blinked, averting his gaze with a little scoff "The hell? I'm not"

He could feel those annoyingly blue eyes staring a hole in the side of his face, and he realized that he was in fact staring at Matias, and had been for the past fifteen minutes at that.

Aiden couldn't understand why Matias seemed to intrigue him so. It wasn't normal to be so...interested in someone, was it?

As far as Aiden knew, no friend stared at the other the way Aiden had been caught staring at Matias, almost as if he physically couldn't look away.

Did they even qualify as friends?

This just confused Aiden further.

"You're a shitty liar" Matias laughed under his breath, breaking Aiden out of his confusing thoughts and the male rolled his eyes in response.

"Fuck you"

"Jeez Aiden, take me to dinner first"

Aiden let out a breath, and slowly turned to face the idiot next to him. "I will murder you"

Matias snorted, and suddenly, their work was long forgotten "yeah? I'd love to see you try"

"Yeah? Let's see how much you love it when I -"

"Mr Fredericks, I hope what you're discussing has to do with the work in front of you and not anything personal"

Huffing, Aiden turned to the front, eyes set in a glare aimed towards Spencer and suddenly, the whole class was facing his way. 

It wasn't a secret that Spencer wasn't very fond of Aiden, and visa versa. It had been going on since his freshman year of high school and Aiden had yet to figure out why Spencer was such an ass to him in particular.

Clenching his jaw, he had to restrain himself from standing up and asking those nosy bastards what they were looking at, because that in itself would cause implications and those were always such a hassle.

"Something the matter, Mr Fredericks?"

Spencer raised a brow and Aiden had to bite his tongue to stop him from spouting out anything that would get him into trouble.

"Nothing's the matter" he mumbled, slumping in his seat.

Spencer stared at him with those beady eyes a moment longer before returning to whatever it was that he was doing.