Chapter 11

Sapphire was asleep in my arms as I rocked. After that brat of a child, Chloe asked her that, I had grabbed Sapphire and stomped over Derek. He had asked what's wrong but I only slapped and scolded him. He swore he didn't teach them that but knowing Derek, he lies. I told him until he handles his Chloe, he or she is allowed to see her. Adrianna is fine but I have to call Derek in order for Sapph to see her. "How are you doing?" Caesar asked as he sat down beside me.

"I've cooled down a little but I'm still pissed. No kid says that unless they were taught." I said. Caesar pulled me close to him. He looked down at her. "She's so innocent to the point she didn't even know what Chloe meant." I frowned. "That was my fault." "How?" "I forgot to tell her that not everyone thinks or accepts people because of their skin tone. I wanted her to keep her innocence and good perspective on people but after that….I don't know." Caesar kissed my temple.

"Try not to dwell on it too much." He took her out of my hands. "I'll try not to." "Good." Caesar placed Sapphire in her bed. He sat back down by me. He kissed my head. I relaxed in his embrace. "If they can't see her as family, then they aren't her family." I smiled a bit. "What would I do without you?"