Chapter 17

Sapphire played hide and go seek with Caesar. I was sitting on a bench, drinking my favorite strawberry milkshake. I flipped through a magazine, not paying attention to my surroundings. "How is he?" A voice asked. I didn't jump at all. "He's upset about it." I said, not looking up. Racheal sat by me. I noticed that she was wearing a long black dress and long heeled boots.

 I noticed that she was wearing a long black dress and long heeled boots

"I would ask why you're dressed like that but..I'm gonna mind my business." “You made the right choice.” Racheal kept her eyes forward. “I see that you’re dressed comfortably.” She said. 

I was wearing a white crop tank top with ripped blue capris and black vans

I was wearing a white crop tank top with ripped blue capris and black vans. “Well it is summer time and it is hot.” I told her.  “So how’s the girls doing?" She asked. "They're doing fine." I could feel her eyes burning from the side of my head. "Promise me something." I looked at Rachael. "Take care of them. You could be the mother that I can't." She said. "Rachael, I-" "Look, I get that we haven't been on the best of terms but please do this. Not for me but for Derek and our girls." She begged, "Please." I sighed. I nodded.

"Thank you." Rachael left without another word. There I was, once again, sitting alone. Caesar and Sapphire ran over to me. Caesar grabbed and twirled Sapphire around. Seeing them together brings the biggest smile to my face. Caesar placed her back on the ground and tickled her. "Caesar, stop it. I give up." Sapphire giggled. My heart melted at the sight of them. All of a sudden, my stomach began to churn. "Piccola, are you okay? You're turning green." I quickly got up and ran to the trash can where I threw everything that I've ever eaten up. "Mommy, are you okay?" Sapphire asked. "I think I need to see a doctor."