T MINUS 4 YEARS BEFORE THE WEDDING

"Omi," Atsumu coos, massaging his scalp, "Are ya gonna fall asleep? We can move to the bed now, y'know. The show's over."

Sakusa groans, turning around to bury his face in Atsumu's shirt. "No moving."

He's answered with a fond laugh as Atsumu lets go of his hair and slides his hand down to pat his back. "C'mon, ya big baby, time for bed."

"M'not a baby." Sakusa grumbles against the fabric of his shirt, before reaching his arm out to paw at Atsumu's wrist, leading it back to his head. "Pat."

"The boyfriend said, exactly like a big baby." Atsumu teases, before combing his fingers through Sakusa's locks.

He's rewarded with a soft sigh.

If Sakusa knew this would be the pay off for getting his shit together and saying fuck it, he would've done it a lot earlier.

He never really understood what the big deal was about romance and never really thought he needed it when he had his two best friends and his team. He received enough (excess) unwanted affection from people to last a lifetime.

But, wow.

Ever since they'd started dating, it's like he's been floating on a goddamn cloud. What was it about having Atsumu right next to him whenever he woke up in the morning that made him feel so invincible?

(Sakusa's bed is bigger so Atsumu has completely abandoned his own room in favor of disturbing him every single night. Not that he could complain.)

Atsumu can't cook for shit but he can make some mean onigiri, thanks to Osamu. He has terrible memory, but he memorizes exactly how Sakusa likes his coffee. He steals his shirts way too often, but he looks better in them anyway, so Sakusa lets him.

There's something comforting about reaching out and knowing there's a hand you can hold anytime. There's something comforting about being able to look at him, feel the urge to kiss him, be able to do it, and not need a reason for it. He could kiss him, just because. Hold him, just because.

He'd been tired all his life. And now, he had someone he didn't mind being tired around.

Plus—

"Hey," Atsumu says, leaning down to talk directly into his ear, "If ya get up now... it's your turn to top tonight."

There's that bonus.

Sakusa stands abruptly. "What the hell are you doing just sitting there then?"

Atsumu's smile is almost animalistic.

Months ago, when all this had just started, one of the few things established was that their relationship would be kept on the downlow. Ideally, for Sakusa, it would've just been Komori and Yachi. And for Atsumu, obviously, he'd have to tell Osamu and by extension, Suna. There was also Kita, which Sakusa was hesitant about, but Atsumu was insistent because according to him, Kita is God and if he didn't hear it from him, he'd find out anyway.

Sakusa didn't even wanna get into the context of that.

Atsumu also wanted to tell his parents and Sakusa had heard too much about how great they were for it to be a problem.

And then, of course, there was the MSBY Black Jackals.

They figured their team should probably know, considering they lived in one building and they spent more time with them than anyone else. Plus, it wasn't like they'd react badly. Hell, they knew they'd probably be the happiest out of everyone.

The Jackals would've been included in the discussion.

If they weren't known to have such big, loud mouths. (See: Bokuto Koutarou, Hinata Shoyo)