. . . . chapter five.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG OF THE DAY :
ilysb (stripped) - lany

. . . . . .

"you listen to lany a lot."

"any problem?"

chia lowered her phone's volume as he stated his observation. in the midst of the treasured silence, she thought him pointing it out in that particular moment was uncalled for, but she also wasn't one to turn down on a conversation about her type of music.

"oh, it's nothing. just . . . sadboy music. no offense though," youngho said.

triggered, she narrowed her eyes, sticking her free hand out to him. "give your spotify."

he went along with it, opening the app only after a few presses, then placing it above her palm.

"i don't use it th—"

"yikes." when she finally found something  questionable within his account, she interrupted, not anymore caring about what he was trying to say. "you don't have the right to judge my taste in music. the only artist you follow is john mayer."

"what about it?"

"creepy old dad music."

"i mean i'm not in a fandom that mostly makes up of middle schoolers who want to listen to oh-so relatable music after breaking up with their girlfriends and boyfriends they only dated for a half a day so i'm fine."

"i— okay, i am a lany fan but at least i don't . . . " she paused, hurriedly racking her brain for a solid clap back. believe it or not, she was genuinely offended. "at least i don't stream music forty-year-old white mothers thirst for."

he couldn't find the right words to contrast with her oddly specific remark and instead, shook his head without being able to hold his laughter in, allowing her to continue while carrying all the seriousness she had.

"and at least i'm not a fan of taylor swift's asshole-est ex."

he then managed reply : "paul klein was dua lipa's ex and he was kinda asshole-y too."

"no. paul klein isn't a problematic hag."

afterwards, youngho decided he had enough of fighting for something so small, especially when his brain wasn't anymore capable of creating a valid argument. "touché."

"things you said were right. i don't even use spotify anymore. forgot i followed him." as a continuation, he shrugged, putting the phone back on his pocket.

"why defend him then?"

"i just wanted to keep it going. you kinda look cute when you're mad."

yet again, chia cast him a look of disgust, unimpressed by another poor attempt of making her swoon for no reason using his (in her opinion) corny method of flirting.

after not getting any solid response unlike what how he imagined her to, he settled with the idea of sharing more of his experiences to mend the awkwardness. "i really did like him in his early years though. when there were less issues. especially during that time when my dad bought me one of his signature guitars for three million won when i was thirteen."

it was clear that her judgy stare wasn't dying any time soon.

"hag's guitar is that expensive? damn. capitalism much?"

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )