. . . . chapter forty-one.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG OF THE DAY :
off the table - ariana
grande, the weeknd

. . . . . .

youngho woke up when the sunshine was at its freshest the next day.

not to stand up and do law school stuff like he usually did though. he spent hours of idleness lying down. the quietude could make anyone go insane, but to him, it was soothing. especially considering the fact that apace with the serenity, his hand was tangled in his girlfriend's hair.

the sunlight by chia's bedroom sure was pleasant.

he minimized movement as much as possible since she was still fast asleep with her head above his chest. accidentally waking her up would be as grave as dropping a glass heirloom.

still running his hands through her hair, he looked back at the blank wall (not particularly blank since one of her gigantic aerosmith posters occupied most of the space), smiling to himself.

life's been great even without having an owned apartment in the meantime. he wouldn't dare to switch lives with anyone even if it meant receiving a million dollars. he was happy. genuinely happy.

soon enough, chia's brown eyes fluttered opened. after stretching in place, she tipped her head up to see him engrossed on the invisibility of wind with lip skin already chewed out, surprising him with a kiss on the chin for a good morning.

"what you thinking about?"

their eyes met. "you."

"oh please."

both basked in comfortable silence in each other's arms.

"youngho," she called.

"mmmm?"

"if someday i go insane-"

"you won't go insane."

"no, like, hypothetically. what would you do?"

though ridiculous, he actually took time to think about it.

"i'd switch to med school."

and the what came out was far from the typical. she wasn't sure whether it was satisfactory enough if basing on opinions. "not go insane with me?"

"what's that gonna do? if we both get locked up nobody pays for the mental hospital bills. at least when i have a license i can do something about your brain. for free too."

"wouldn't it be lovely to have a joker and harley type of relationship though?" chia asked dreamily, thinking it would somehow make him rethink the answer to the 'hypothetical thought'.

he stood up, straightening his slim fit white shirt before giving her a look as soft as the ones from last night, if not more, before shooting another one of his cheesy shots.

"i'd rather have a lizzie and darcy type."

two giggly fools in love painted the apartment walls with whatever they were high on (this does not apply relapsing) that sunday morning.

"wanna order some food?"

"mcdonalds."

"you bet."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )